Used 2003 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 322 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2003 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

My 2003 Kia Sorento Best Car I ever have had.
By sorento2012

2003 Kia Sorento EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Minor problems like horn, clock not working. Had to replace the U-joint front and back. Everything else is fine and working. Minor leak in sunroof, was adjusted. Paint on side mirrors came off and the same for the tail hatch. Made out of plastic.

everything inside and out.

None

Hard on the wallet
By Tesha

2003 Kia Sorento EX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Gorgeous on the outside. Useless on the inside. Of the hood, that is. Ran great until I hit 100,000 miles. Since, my power steering, fly wheel, transmission and ac have went out, not to mention a few other minor problems. I will never recommend this vehicle to anyone. I have taken great care of this vehicle, keeping everything up to date and new but it has not returned the favor. It would be nice if the vehicle was as cheap as its quality.

I absolutely love the body. It is very smooth riding when I'm not broke down on the side of the road!

Stop cheating the people who buy your vehicle and pay for you to have a job!

Great Little Truck
By SMB

2003 Kia Sorento LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck because of Nebraska Winters, its 4WD is what i needed to get through. I've NEVER had an issue with this truck. Only thing i've done is replace the battery and a blinker bulb! With reg oil changes i've had zero engine trouble. I bought it with 47,000 miles on it and am now at over 124,000 miles. It still runs like the day i bought it! I would recommend a Kia Sorento to anyone who is looking for a great 4WD. On highway travel i can get close to 27 MPG.

I love the look of the Kia Sorento, 4WD.

Only improvement would be Kia's pricing on scheduled maintenance, nothing should be THAT expensive! I'm a woman and can do most of the maintenance myself!

Piece of Junk
By changt82

2003 Kia Sorento EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Second owner of this Kia sorento. Bought this car @ 53k only $9800.00 in 07' over a highlander and rav4 due to looks and price. I guess I got what I paid for. Within 2 months of purchase, you would have to say hell came with this car. First Climate control malfunctioned, then Windows power control, then one window power motor, then wiper motor assembly broke off, then rotors warping, then headlamp and brake lamp every other month, then Radiator fan gone out, the Ac compressor gone out, then now the car just wouldn't start anymore. Don"t ever buy a Kia, they are cheap and expensive the repair and maintenance.

Body style and looks, price for the option compare to a name brand like lexus, acura, so.

Kia should be sued and go out of business for selling cheap crap like this.

BEst Vehicle Made
By Alex

2003 Kia Sorento EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle is amazing in snow, I took this car up north where it proved to me the reliability of Korean 4x4 Engineering. Heavy Duty frame makes this car extremely stable being able to withstand any load of force. Driving is extremely smooth, feeling of complete control on the road.

4x4High and Low Switch options for Michigan Winters. Its the best. Winshield is positioned so rain and snow never really stay on the windshield enabling great visibility no matter what the weather is outside. Rack pinion steering gives control of the car that can not be compared to any american.

I think this car is perfect in my book. No improvements. Sorentos after this model definitly got cheaper though.