2001 Kia Sephia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sephia model:
It's a decent car for now
By FirstKiaLastKia on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have over 28,000 miles now. It hasn't given me problems yet. Did have a burning smell when we took a trip over 300 miles. What I don't like is the excelleration. Trying to get on the interstate using an uphill entrance ramp I need to stand on the gas to merge into traffic without looking like an 80 year old driving. I plan for my next car (not a Kia) to be another car with more oomph

rhonda hill
By rhonda hill on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

i was pleased with my kia and would like to purchase another i have had no troubles with it since my purchase in 1999.

no squares allowed
By mechell on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

very dependable, the only problem that I have with this car is ac comes on for windshield defroster and the oval trunk shapes make the roomy trunk space difficult to use. The seats fold down, but the trunk to backseat oval shape is rediculous

I love my car
By cubbie17 on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Sephia new and have had it almost two years and I love it. I haven't had any problems with it. I will never buy a used car again.

A good deal!
By Sebastien on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a new 01 Sephia. An LS 5 speed version. White in color. I have no problems except the leatherette covering the shifter stick brokes by it self. The ride is good. It's a fair transportation vehicule. Mine is dealer maintened and yearly rustproof.

My first car
By NoMoKias4Me on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it brand new with 1 mile on it. 3 days after buying it, it was back at the dealer for 4 days. When I got it back, they had replaced the computer, the fuel injector and something else (can't remember). 2 Days later, back at the dealer. This time for about 1 week. When I got it back, they had supposedly put a brand new tranny in it. Well, just a few days later guess where it was? Yep! At the dealer for almost 2weeks. This time, when I got it back, I learned that last time they had put a reconditioned tranny in it and that this time they put a brand new one in it.

Deceiving
By Blaze on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Thought I was getting a great deal. After the first year everything went downhill. My car has had a new transmission, a new alternator, and now they're not sure if it needs a new starter or what. Great warrantey except it takes a week for them to figure out what is wrong with it. Also, if the least little thing hits the car (rock,etc.) it leaves major dents. My mother ownen a differnt Kia and traded it in after 3 months due to problems it had. Please, some one take this peice of junk!

No so good
By Mikesue98 on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Not to be trusted, in 2 years had 3 brake master cylinders changed, 3 mufflers (they would brake), molding would come off, auto transmission stick would freeze in the winter, doors would freeze frequently in the winter, electrical problems, would get a burnt smell on long trips, wheel bearings had to be replaced

2001 Kia Sephia- A good car & good price
By orion on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a satisfied Kia customer. My car brand new with taxes & fees was about $12000. If you're deciding between a cheap new car and one that costs just as much used then buying new is well worth it. My first 3 cars were used, that meant in addition to having a car payment there was also the repair bill every month. Sure newer cars have a larger insurance cost but with no down time, meaning you don't have to constantly wonder if your car is going to make it to work or school every day. There a dozen or so 'cheap' cars out there. The Hyundai Accent was another one I considered, but stay away from Dodge/Plymouth Neons. My Kia is dependable.

Looks can be deceiving.
By stratogrl on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

For the first 10 months I had no problems. But, since February my car has been in the shop 13 times. I have had the exhaust replaced 2x, the computer replaced once, 2 new injectors, and 2 electrical shorts. I can trade it in on something else because the resale value is horrible.