2001 Kia Sephia Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sephia model:
Good alternative to a scooter
By libby on 12/23/05 07:49 AM (PST)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good little commuter car. It is perfect for tooling around town in, but gets rather noisy/buzzy when at higher speeds. The ride is okay at slower speeds, but gets the small car choppy ride on the highway. It is a commuter/errand runner and no more. Have only had a few minor electrical problems (fuse box, starter, and alt) in the 48k miles I've owned it, but nothing major. Follow Kia's recommended maintenance carefully if you want the warranty, and change the auto transmission fluid sooner than what Kia recommends, as I had a hard shift problem that a fluid change fixed (15k before recommended change). It fits both tall and short drivers well.

No Problems Yet!
By ladle24 on 08/19/05 00:45 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

For an economy car -- paid $10,600 brand new (standard w/ AC), this has been a faithful car. Four years and 60,000 miles later, I have no complaints, although the older I get, the more uncomfortable the sparse interior gets. One great plus -- we live in a bad neighborhood, and our car is tough to break into. We see marks where people have attempted it, but so far no one has gotten into it (it took the tech 1/2 hour to do it once when I locked my keys into my car!). This car has taken us clear across the US (coast to coast) at least 3 times, and this summer, we took it all the way to LABRADOR, Canada (from Chicago) with 2 kids and camping gear. We've definitely gotten our money's worth out of it!

Solid Economy Car
By Rhea on 08/04/05 19:26 PM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car delivers on fuel efficiency! It is a basic car with a great warranty. I have had a few problems with the car but when I take it to the dealership they fix it with no questions asked. It is a great first time car or for those who need basic reliable transportation.

Like a Go-Kart
By FastWRX on 06/25/05 13:48 PM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When the car is working it drives like a go-kart. It has little get up and go but when it goes in to 2nd gear it starts to slow down. I think the only good thing about the car is the gas mileage when the car is working. One major problem I've had with the car is the alternator belt and bracket. I've had to replace the belt 5 times now, and the OEM bracket is such a poor design. It's a good 1st car if you have the money to keep fixing it all the time. Other than the repairs it's been a great little car.

My Kia
By Gina on 12/03/04 20:32 PM (PST)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I knew that I was not buying a luxury car, so I didn't expect it to be comfortable. But I did expect that for 20,000 (with interest) my 2001 Kia Sephia would be reliable. My car has failed on me 10 times in the past two years, all ten times the problem being my battery...dead, no matter the weather or how long my car was sitting. My dash lights also go out on occasion which really sucks because it's usually nice to know how fast you are going. My Kia stinks.

Great Car!
By MelissaP on 11/23/04 19:37 PM (PST)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 5 speed Sephia brand new in '01 and have never had a problem. I think this is a great investment. I do regret to say I am thinking of trading my car in after a few years (and 2 children) but good news is it's for another Kia! Very Dependable Car!!!

2001 Kia Sephia
By whburroughs on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

10 Year Warranty-what else can you expect? A quite, inexpensive little car that has "good" gas mileage and an low cost of ownership.

Practical and reliable
By April Vawter on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle because of its warranty after being talked-down-to by several used car dealers. It gets over 32 mpg, has lots of pick up and speed. The lumbar support helps my bad back where my former car, a Sable, left me uncofortable after a couple of hours. It has never needed a repair, and fills every need I currently have, including heavy mountain driving and coping with high gas prices. The only two down-sides I can think of are: the body seems to dent easily and it loses some power when the AC is on. Overall, it's a great vehicle for the price and practical as well as comfortable and nicely designed.

What a great car!
By chikinblack on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car was great for me. Peppy, comfortable, and very reliable. I changed the oil, kept an eye on the fluids and never had a problem with the engine/tranny. Dealership had to change the heat shield, and that was the only thing that "went wrong" with the car...that's something you have to look foward to on most cars anyway. There was a comment about www.streetkiaz.com/streetkiaz3.html and yes, that site perfects owning a kia. I would recommend anyone looking to tune one of these, go there! Awesome people! This is a great car for the money and I love it!

this car sucks
By bos sakoa on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ive had problems with the car starting at 40,000 it would'nt run right, kept loseing power, like when your learning to drive a 5 speed the car jerks.every two weeks it was in the shop they fix it but it kept breaking,they said the codes kept blowing out.But kia motors stood behind it everytime iam still trying to fix it, tge paint is starting to peel off by the trunk of the car.