2001 Kia Sephia Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sephia model:
Simple but excellent
By Simple on 03/02/10 00:08 AM (PST)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Turn on the ac, it slows, but that is usually to weak drivebelts. Easy to fix, even for a DIY mechanic. A simple design, but fragile interior and exterior. That in turn means its also easier to fix. Parts are a bit expensive, but what isn't, right? Love the idea that it sounds like the day I got it, the opening of the throttle after so many thousand of miles. Its great, performance is alright, but the fuel economy is amazing. From PHX to LV, three times, without a single compliant, in one week. Great car! Considering the Kia Koupe in the near future...

Steak on a hamburger budget...
By Friendship Auto on 11/21/09 17:23 PM (PST)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a $50,000 BMW 330 Convertible which got repossesed when I went belly- up in the stock market. After scratching together $2500 over 3 months, I went and bought a 1999 Sephia LS with 84,000 miles on it. I had it for 3 years and spent a total of $300 on service and minor repairs. After 130,000 miles, the timing belt finally went and since I was already back on my feet, I sold it AS IS for $500. Sure it is not a Lexus, but for the money one pays, it is damn well worth it. And people should remember to judge accordingly. I now own a car dealership, and do not hesitate to sell this car or to recommend it to the cost-conscious.

Just got it
By purpleletha on 10/22/09 08:45 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my kia a few days ago, and i just love it its a cute little car and im falling more in love with it everyday. I about to dress it up with some tint and u aint gone be able to tell me nothing!!!! lol

Glad they are out of Production
By Kaylalee on 07/27/09 10:27 AM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Honestly, I thought we were getting a good deal. Really cheap...SO NOT WORTH IT! Since we got the car we have put about $6000 in repairs. Not only have we replaced the ENTIRE brake line once, we have also replaced the roters twice, the battery twice the spark plugs about 12 times, the alternator, a cylinder, the fan belt (4 times in less than 4 years). The driver side door no longer works (leaving the driver to climb over the seat and try their luck at the passenger door which only opens from the outside. When it's cold the doors don't close so you have to wait for the car to heat up enough to close them or hold them while going down the road. The car is quite literally a death trap.

Good used car
By Charm on 06/12/09 15:23 PM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Only owned for 3 months but very impressed so far - bought for only $2300 with 130K and have put on 10K without a problem and seems like it'll go on for many more miles. I've already made my $ on it considering we mostly drive trucks that are difficult to park and get about 12mpg. Agile and peppy engine, decent fuel mileage (getting in the mid 20's) in stop and go traffic.

2001 Kia Sephia - It's been a headache..
By Mike on 02/19/09 19:36 PM (PST)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I would love to give the reader a thumbs up for this car. But I can't. Had to replace: tranny at 100k mi. $1000, serp belt (always squeaky!), spark plugs; wires, alternator $260, both headlights, all manner of front end work probably amounting to $1200. Sheet metal is easy to dent and scratch. Have to slam trunk to get it to latch. Parking brake needs replaced. Drivers-side strut&spring needs replaced. Wheel bearing going bad quick-like. Doors FREEZE open in winter (Michigan). This is so annoying. You cant even imagine until you experience having to use a bungee. Driver door lock stuck in lock position. Had to take off door panel to fix. Other than all this, it is a fabulous car.

Happy
By snowie2day on 12/18/08 06:43 AM (PST)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Kia as a college student and was very happy all 7 years I owned the car. Though I am not in the market for another compact car I would and have recommended my Kia to my friends and family.

First Car
By Class of '09 on 09/13/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car given to me by my mother.She bought a Ford and handed me the Kia. So I had nothing to compare it to. I would have to say it was and still is a good car. It's never broken down, or had any major problems. Only regular maintenance. My only complaint is that when i have the heat or a/c on the car's acceleration is greatly slowed. This may be due to its age but at times it can be annoying.

Not too bad for a cheap car
By devs Mom on 08/04/08 15:21 PM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my kia new in 2001 as a commuter car. Kia just turned over 51000 miles after I had traveled from St. Louis to Woodbridge, VA (30 miles S of D.C.) in 16 hours and only used 2 tanks of gas on a 800+ mile trip (son was impressed). Have also gone to tx, ar and ms with no problem and minimum gas besides regular maintenance, a right front strut assembly, tires and brakes, my only problem is crossed wires which make my windshield wipers come on when I turn on the a. C. (happened after jack leg body work) still not bad for a cheap small 4 cyl. Runs good but is starting to show age. Engine heat shield rattles constantly.

I Love It!
By Love It! on 04/24/08 12:40 PM (PDT)

2001 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned quite a few different cars. I bought my KIA from a used car dealership the 1st of February. It only had 86,000 miles on it. I love this car. I have not had any problems with it. It has some minor hail damage but all in all, it looks and runs great. I am a mother of three teenage children so a lot of horse power in a vehicle is not necessary for me. My children and I both love this car.