2000 Kia Sephia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sephia model:
decent car considering the price
By Dirk on 03/03/05 16:06 PM (PST)

2000 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used in 2004 with 50K miles on it. It was really cheap, and so I'm fairly satisfied with it since it proved to be pretty dependable. The brakes are very squeaky when cold, i.e. just after starting the car, but they behave normally after a mile or so. Minor annoyances so far were a faulty battery cable connection, and a defective spark plug wire that cost about $100 to fix. Wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.

I kind of like mine
By Clayk on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

Granted, the body is cheaply made and the paint is very poor, But I did not expect much for the price. I bought it for disposable transportation. It runs very well, is comfortable adnfairly roomy. I drive the living daylights out of it and it has never given me any problems. i did replace the very bad original tires and spark plug wire, but other than that, I change the oil, put gas in it and go.

cheap transportation
By guachi on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

Bought car used in 2002 with 28000 miles. It was very cheap and, at the time of purchase, I needed a car that could carry three adults. For a compact car the back seat is quite large - bigger than the Civic, for example. Haven't had any major mechanical problems except for some faulty battery cables that cost $80 to fix (almost all labor). The other cable was fixed for free at the Kia dealership. Not really a car I recommend for anyone except if you are poor. :) But if you ARE, then a used Kia can be a great deal. By the time my then girlfriend (now wife) and I purchased the car it had depreciated 40% in only two years.

Think twice
By Henry2 on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

My first car. It had problems with the breaks squeaking from the day I picked it up. Didn't have any problems with it until recently. It's been having problems starting. The engine will rev, but it won't fire. The local dealership doesn't quite know what's wrong. I think it's time to say goodbye. Which is sad since it's got less than 70,000 miles on it. I'll try to afford a Civic this time.

kia can not be beat
By Barbara Nesbitt on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

this is the second Kia I have owned and I would never switch to anything else. The Sopia is roomy,stylish,fun to drive,holds the road,easy on gas,runs fast and takes mountains nicely there just great I have owned and driven many cars and none of the others have anything on the Kia.and they are affordable as well as has a great company warranty

Not highly recommended!!!!
By Ronsmom on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Kia Sephia new 4 years ago. Not even a year after I had it the computer went bad in it and just shut down in the middle of the road. The customer service is horrible!! Nothing is "covered" under the warranty. It dents easily, the sealant on the windshield comes off, the seatbelts only latch when they want to, and the gear shift gets stuck. I do not recommend these cars at all.

Small Things
By jreynard on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new from the dealership. This car was my first brand new car. I was blind to all that goes into buying a car. If I had to do it again I would not. It ran well for the most part and it did have a roomy interior but the attention to details was lacking. The engine was really loud on the highway and its handling was bad. The body was made of very weak metal that showed the smallest of dings. It seemed to me that alot of quality was comprimised when they were trying to be "economic."

DON"T BUY KIA
By kmb08 on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my car used... in less than a year it has been in the shop 5 times for major repairs... at 52,000 miles (2,000 miles after the transfer warranty) the transmition went out.... since then I have been broken down/ unable to drive my car 3 times... in 2 weeks... DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!

BUY A HYUNDAI
By DBMK34 on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WHTH MY AIRBAG SYSTEM SINCE I BOUGHT THE CAR. THE DEALER NEVER FIXED THE PROBLEM IN THE THREE YEARS THAT I HAVE OWNED THE CAR THE MOLDING FROM THE FRONT WINDSHIELD STARTED COMING OFF. ON THE POSITIVE SIDE THE EXTRIOR DESIGN IS GOOD

A good solid car
By TANSTAAFL on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Sephia for 3 years and 45,000 miles have never had any problems or had any real repairs to perform (other than scheduled maintenance). It has always been reliable and responsive. I had looked at a number of other cars but this one was the best deal and has proven to be a winner. Only real problem I have had is that people like to back into the car with SUVs but I think that is my bad luck and won't blame KIA. I would definately buy another car from them.