Used 2000 Kia Sephia Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Kia Sephia - Consumer Reviews

2000 Kia Sephia

View reviews for a specific Sephia model:

Great car for the money
By Dana

2000 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I got this car new. Seven years later, the only problems I've had are replacing the battery after 3 years ($53) and replacing one of the connecting wires (twice, first for $60 after 4 years, then for $110 at another shop after 6 years) because the plastic degraded, caused a short, and told me to 'check engine'. The plastic started degrading before I left the dealer, so the middle console lock, both air/heat grates on the upper dash, and the window sealer have broken. But replacement parts for this car are cheap! A windshield was $212. Handles best at high speeds and has a lot of pep!

Gas mileage (even without the overdrive-off feature), reliability, spacious interior, huuuuge trunk. Mechanically, it's quality built.

Poor quality plastic used throughout. The headlights are almost impossible to see because the plastic covering them is no longer transparent. No cruise control or ABS.

I wouldn't buy this car if I were you!
By Mel

2000 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I have had trouble with it from the start. My transmission went 3 weeks after I bought it. Good thing it was under warranty. So far I have had it for 2 and a half years and the alternator, blower, battery, brakes, wiper motor have all gone at least once some twice. I have to get new tires every 9 months front only due to it can't keep an alignment. Brakes sqeak no matter if they are new or old. Door looks freeze in the winter. Also doesn't handle right in the snow. Right now my car is off the road either due to a blown motor or possibly the catalytic converter. It has been nothing but trouble.

Decent looking car, cheap,not a bad drive when it is not in the garage.

There are too many to list. I hope the new KIA's fair better than the previous ones.

After 6 yrs, I still LOVE my Kia Sephia
By Goldie

2000 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

I enjoy the handling of my Sephia. Turning around in small areas is a snap. The seats are nicely padded. The comfort of driving it long distances without feeling stiff has been wonderful. Accelerating onto a highway is great. The trunk really holds a lot. Passengers have felt comfortable. It is great on gas. It has been very reliable. I just love driving it. My husband and grown daughter enjoy driving it when I will let them. ;>)

Steering, seat comfort, fuel economy, ease of parallel parking are some of my favorite features of my Kia Sephia.

To be honest, in my opinion for a low price car, I don't believe that there are many improvements needed. Maybe, if possible, side airbags. I believe that they need to make them again. They just got them perfected when they stopped making them.

My Kia
By KIA Driver

2000 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with about 70,000 miles on it. I now have 95,000 on the car and I still like it. I've had to replace the complete front brake assembly and had to replace the rear brakes. All of this replacement is a cause of the previous owner neglect. Anyway I like this car a lot, it's very comfortable, gets good gas mileage, and is very reliable. The only mechanical problem I've had is the fuel pump needs to be replaced very soon, and the exhaust is rattling a little. One thing that is extremely annoying is a sharp loud metallic rattle coming from the automatic shifter inside the car. I can't figure out what it is, I just know it's very annoying.

Comfort. Good A/C. Like the interior design.

Better interior fit and finish.

Simply Amazing!
By Davester

2000 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

This is the third car that I have ever had and all I can say is, wow! This has to be the single most economic car that I have ever owned. I have put 20,000+ miles and not one single problem. Have driven it New Jersey to Florida with no worries. This little speed demon has the right handling, acceleration and packs a mean punch. I do have one complaint about the car though, I can't stop driving it! Highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a fun, reliable, safe, and down right incredible vehicle to own!

Big trunk, reliable transmission, strong engine and icy cold air.

Cup holders.