2000 Kia Sephia Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sephia model:
Nothing lasts forever..! =(
By loves2drive1 on 06/05/12 11:03 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car last year from a woman on Craigslist who she was sad to sell it, and I quickly found out why! I paid less than $400 for it with 180k. I did not have to do any major work at all! I do a lot of back & forth driving & this car was perfect for me & my child.Great gas milege,the car was very well cared for before I got it&I kept up w reg maintenece.Only issue I had was rear defrost didnt always work. AC needed charging.The cup holder design is terrible,as others have posted.Today,it has 201,982 mls & will be heading to the scrap yrd,sadly it has a minor crack in head & w this many mls,I am getting something else,but am sad to see it go!I def say YES to Kia, we had a great run!

KIA Sephia-Pretty good
By cody92 on 03/28/12 18:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I had one of these for driving to school and work. It wasnt real fancy, but thats fine because if I wanted luxury I wouldve bought a cadillac or something of that nature. The KIA Sephia is a simple commuter car, nothing more or less. Its got a basic 4cyl and doesnt have a whole lot of horse power but it'll get you where youre going. My Sephia was undyingly reliable and never put me in a pinch after all the abuse it took from me learning how to drive manual on it and generally just driving the thing like I stole it. I reccomend the KIA as a first car or for anyone who needs a commuter thats reliable and gets good MPG.

2000 sephia 5speed
By anniek1 on 05/24/11 13:06 PM (PDT)

2000 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my sephia used in 2005 with 86k, it is now at 195,000 and i have loved it. i had a timing change about 2 years ago at 135k and a new starter, alternator which was expected b/c the car is 10 years old. And i'm lucky these are the only problems b/c i don't get the oil changed like I should. I have had 2 tune-ups so i'm averaging about once every two years for a tune up. I like this car it was cheap and convient and i'm a single parent of two so it helps. i have driven this car all over at least 300 miles round trip at the most. I am having a lot of problems with the ac belt squealing thats my only negative problem with the car.

this car awful
By katie on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is horrible. My dad drives an SUV and get more gas mileage than mine does. I have had to replace everything on this car. I would not recommend it to anyone. The cup holders only hold cans and half the time they end up spilling.

My Kia
By IloveMy2000KiaSephia on 08/17/10 19:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got my KIA as a birthday present in April of this year. (A lot of people laughed) I learned to drive (you know the kind of wear that does) in it. I have YET to be in a more comfortable-to drive, car. The only problems I have encountered are: exhaust leak, transmission fluid was low and it was hard to find WHERE to put the TM fluid. Sophie-my Sephia-loves to go fast. She runs her best at 80-90+ mph. When first starting her for the day, it's quickest to just go about 70/80. If not it takes about 10 miles. A/C needs charging. My cd player is broken. The hood has a few minor dents-flimsy metal-door handle seems to be loose on pass. side. All in all, she does what I need and more. I love my Kia.

Kia = Bad
By Morgan on 06/26/10 16:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

My dad bought me this kia from one of his friends and i have never driven a more horrible car. It goes in the shop for engine problems almost every month. Gas will last me maybe a week not even. And it is rusting horribly. I hate this car. In the winter the door locks freeze and my doors wont shut, i have to drive while holding my doors shut trying not to let them swing open. The car is so noisy, the muffler is loud, just the whole car. It goes 0 to 60 in like five minutes. Not an exaggeration!

Cheap
By kia lover on 04/29/10 00:03 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for a while now since 2003. I have had to do some minor repairs. I have also driven this car all over. It's a cheap car. You get what you pay for. I still have it and it still gets me from point a to b. I accidentally hit the garage with it once all down the side. It's only cosmetic and it still runs.

Never again!
By tamos on 01/25/10 12:38 PM (PST)

2000 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Kia less than a year ago. I cannot even remember all of the times I have had to take it to be fixed. I have replaced the timing belt, fan motor, front tires etc. etc. I also had problems with the doors not opening and sometimes not closing in the winter. I was told it could be fixed for about $314. I would never buy a Kia again. I remember the old Kia adds that boasted that Kia's would last for 200,000 miles. I cannot believe that mine will last for 150,000. Next time I will buy American!

I've had 2 and they've both been great!!
By rjordanski on 01/13/10 14:52 PM (PST)

2000 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan

Before I ever owned one, I would have told you (ignorantly, of course) that KIA's were like YUGO's of yesteryear... you know, "you go, but you don't come back." Anyway, I needed some money real quick to get my daughter to college, so I sold my Nissan Maxima. But, I still needed something to drive so I found a 2000 Kia Sephia for $1000. It wasn't the prettiest car I've ever seen, but it has done a good job of getting me from point A to point B. Have not spent much money on it at all and have had it 2 years now. Liked it so good that when our old van pooped out, we bought a 2nd one!

The worst piece of crap every made!!
By Tracy on 01/12/10 04:55 AM (PST)

2000 Kia Sephia Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost 10 years now, I am counting the days until I can afford to purchase a real car. At present the locks consistently freeze in the winter.The doors will not close until the car warms up a little. The windshield wiper fluid spray hasn't worked for years creating dangerous driving situations at times. The interior around the odometer has pulled apart, the vents to defrost the windshield broke spontaneously making defrosting a nightmare. Now the heating system has stopped in the dead of winter. I'm amazed that it made it this far. So I couldn't get out as planned this morning because without no heat I couldn't see out of the windshield!