Used 2000 Kia Sephia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Kia Sephia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sephia model:

Nothing lasts forever..! =(
By loves2drive1

2000 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

I bought this car last year from a woman on Craigslist who she was sad to sell it, and I quickly found out why! I paid less than $400 for it with 180k. I did not have to do any major work at all! I do a lot of back & forth driving & this car was perfect for me & my child.Great gas milege,the car was very well cared for before I got it&I kept up w reg maintenece.Only issue I had was rear defrost didnt always work. AC needed charging.The cup holder design is terrible,as others have posted.Today,it has 201,982 mls & will be heading to the scrap yrd,sadly it has a minor crack in head & w this many mls,I am getting something else,but am sad to see it go!I def say YES to Kia, we had a great run!

5 speed, comfortable seats, 4 doors, lots of trunk room

cup holders, fix defrost design

KIA Sephia-Pretty good
By cody92

2000 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

I had one of these for driving to school and work. It wasnt real fancy, but thats fine because if I wanted luxury I wouldve bought a cadillac or something of that nature. The KIA Sephia is a simple commuter car, nothing more or less. Its got a basic 4cyl and doesnt have a whole lot of horse power but it'll get you where youre going. My Sephia was undyingly reliable and never put me in a pinch after all the abuse it took from me learning how to drive manual on it and generally just driving the thing like I stole it. I reccomend the KIA as a first car or for anyone who needs a commuter thats reliable and gets good MPG.

good mpg, reliable

2000 sephia 5speed
By anniek1

2000 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

I purchased my sephia used in 2005 with 86k, it is now at 195,000 and i have loved it. i had a timing change about 2 years ago at 135k and a new starter, alternator which was expected b/c the car is 10 years old. And i'm lucky these are the only problems b/c i don't get the oil changed like I should. I have had 2 tune-ups so i'm averaging about once every two years for a tune up. I like this car it was cheap and convient and i'm a single parent of two so it helps. i have driven this car all over at least 300 miles round trip at the most. I am having a lot of problems with the ac belt squealing thats my only negative problem with the car.

good gas saver i will be purchasing an 04' galant, but will be keeping my precious kia

this car awful
By katie

2000 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

This car is horrible. My dad drives an SUV and get more gas mileage than mine does. I have had to replace everything on this car. I would not recommend it to anyone. The cup holders only hold cans and half the time they end up spilling.

i do like the factory stereo in it it's very good the truck has a lot of room and you can get to the trunk from the back seat

gas mileage, the cup holders, the whole motor

My Kia
By IloveMy2000KiaSephia

2000 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

I got my KIA as a birthday present in April of this year. (A lot of people laughed) I learned to drive (you know the kind of wear that does) in it. I have YET to be in a more comfortable-to drive, car. The only problems I have encountered are: exhaust leak, transmission fluid was low and it was hard to find WHERE to put the TM fluid. Sophie-my Sephia-loves to go fast. She runs her best at 80-90+ mph. When first starting her for the day, it's quickest to just go about 70/80. If not it takes about 10 miles. A/C needs charging. My cd player is broken. The hood has a few minor dents-flimsy metal-door handle seems to be loose on pass. side. All in all, she does what I need and more. I love my Kia.

Her quirkiness. Small and yet packs a little punch, comparable to a 2002 Ford Taurus' (just not as smooth getting there, but just as fast if not faster). Get up and go, nice set up interior-wise. Outside reminds me of a bigger Hyundai accent, not bad but no RX8.;) Great on gas. ^_^ When.. I have $.

Cup holders. Thicker materials (you know, cause as kewl as the hollow cave sound is.. It makes me feel as if I'll break something)Sportier appearance would be nice. The rear lights are blindingly bright. Dim em down and brighten front ones. Put a cd AND tape player (case one goes out I can MP3) -_-