1999 Kia Sephia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sephia model:
Great Little Car
By John on 09/17/05 07:50 AM (PDT)

1999 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

Great little car, very dependable. Ride was a little rough at times on long trips. Biggest complaint was brakes needed to be replaced every 30,000 miles. Great on gas 32+ mpg, plenty of pickup. Over 135,000 miles and still in great shape, no rust and exterior finish is still excellent -- unusual for a vehicle that lives in Rochester, NY. Son drove to school and college all year round.

65 K and counting
By stealthnv on 03/03/05 01:54 AM (PST)

1999 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

I purchased this as a gas saver for the wife (35mpg). In 65 thousand miles I have replaced rotors and pads with parts from Kragen. (No more brake problems). Had to replace the horn, push the heater cable back on the control lever, lube & oils. That's it. Better than most other vehicles I've owned. Liked the Sephia so much we just bought a Kia Sorento (kept the Sephia).

Not a bad car
By Nada Chance on 12/19/04 12:58 PM (PST)

1999 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

Wasnt my first choice, but it's been a really good and reliable car.

great
By oliver32474 on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

This car has been extremely reliable. We have had it for 3 years and have had nothing wrong with it rather than annual maintainance, i.e. oil changes and air filters

Kias Are Cheap
By Finewoman on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

I bought my car brand new and including the orginal transmission I have had 3 in the car. The brake shoes keep going out and I have to spend 200.00 to redo the entitre brake system.

Good around town car
By Tony Wosnjuk on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for commuting. The car never gave me mechanical problems. I had two issues: 1. Brake pads are now changed and had a hard time finding the "old" style brake pads. IF you don't find the "old" style pads, you must change the rotors as well. (around $150). 2. Console plastic is cheap. Started to come up and I had to Glue it Down. But at least the car doesn't make a whole lot of noise. The A/C works well and the overdrive is really cool when on the freeway with some traffic. Push the button and you feel like you are on a different car. Cost me around $30 to fill the tank ($2.15/g) but I go long ways with it. LOUD road noise

kia sephia p.o.s. version 1.0
By jtjokerb on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

okay any vehicle that would require a hole next to the shifter to put a screw driver to over ride the transmission has got to be a sign not to buy this crap on wheels. we have had to change the brakes 2 times within the first 2 years (could have been more if i continued to drive it regularly). 5 recalls 3 within the first 6 months of owning it. All the problems we have had battery dying, refusing to shift gears, wipers breaking, center console falling apart, interior falling apart, and various levels of squelling and shaking all happen after the warranty ended, of course. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T BUY A KIA.

Kia Sephia LS
By bdunca01 on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

The car has been a reliable, economical car to own and drive. One aspect I like is that oil only needs to be changed every 5,000 miles; not that I wait that long but I don't feel guilty if I go over 3,000 miles before it's changed. Approximately 25,000 miles have been road miles and, while it's not that quiet on the road, the ride is not bad at all.

NIGHTMARE ON KIA STREET
By WENDE11 on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

THIS CAR HAS TRULY BEEN A NIGHTMARE. THIS HAS BEEN MY FIRST CAR AND WITH REPAIRS I COULD HAVE BOUGHT A QUALUTY USED CAR. TO ANY ONE OUT THERE MAY BE ONE OR TWO (LITERALLY) HAPPY CUSOMERS OUT THERE BUT THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE CAN'T BE WRONG.

Sephia poor Quality and Reliability
By Vision on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

This car has been the biggest headache. In the last 4.5 years, I have replaced the breaks 4 times, the axel, and now the transmission that comes just 1,000 miles outside of the power train warranty. I am faced with a $2,000 repair which is barely what the car is worth. Don't take this care even if its free! I have had many cars before this one. All cars have their little idiosyncracies - but this one...Well all I can say as a word to the wise - buyer beware. Even my dealer doesn't sell Kias anymore.