1998 Kia Sephia 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 82,000 Miles Little Problems

1998 Kia Sephia - Consumer Review

82,000 Miles Little Problems
By Lawguy on

1998 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

Yes there were some recalls. All of these were fixed at no cost to me, so why should I complain? Air conditioner hose broke at the fitting in only 2 years. Hose and repair cost me about $250.00. This item should not have broken quite so fast. Struts went at about 80,000 miles. The strut dealer (KYB) told me this mileage was very good, so again no complaint. Gas mileage around town 32 - 33 mpg Highway 37 - 38 mpg (std 5 speed and no power steering). Out the door in 1998 I paid $9,000.00 Lets see.... Toyota Corolla ... $13,998.00 Kia Sephia ... $9,000+250+180=$9430.00 Yup I'm still ahead even with air and strut repair.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage when gas is $1.45 per gallon. (I see the cringe on the SUV owners face as they pull up to the pumps)Yes this is a cheap car. Do not expect the fit finish and ride of a Cadillac. This is a utilitarian car. Go, comeback and do it cheap!

Suggested Improvements

More aftermarket parts. Kia is proud of their parts and you just can't find Kia parts anywhere else.