1998 Kia Sephia Consumer Review: 7 years and still VERY reliabl

1998 Kia Sephia - Consumer Review

7 years and still VERY reliable.
By Jules on

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I must say I concur with 75% of what people have said about the Sephia LS. Not even with 25 miles on my newly bought car back in '98 my engine fuse busted and luckily a mechanic walked by and temporarily replaced my busted fuse with a windshield fuse to last me until I got to the dealership that same day. Since then the L.A. heat swelled up my front dashboard so that it's curling up and out of the AC vents. Then my gas gauge broke and I haven't bothered fixing it because it costs a lot of money to open up my car and tighten the screw. But after 7 years and +81K miles I NEVER worry that my engine won't start in the mornings. I'm purchasing another car though, but I know my mom can depend on Kia.

Solid engine. CD player comes standard. Power windows and locks have NEVER broken. Solid glass window; after 7 years of driving this car only recently had very tiny cracks from natural freeway debris. For what you pay, you TRULY get your money's worth. Strong spoiler. Very comfortable, cushy seats.

TOO many recalls. Cheap exterior metal, easily dents. Car makes high pitched noise when driving 75 MPH. Cheap paint job. Paint started chipping within 1-2 years. Fix the aerodynamics of the car so that it doesn't make high pitched noise when going at speed. Cheap plastic interior.