1998 Kia Sephia Consumer Reviews 3

1998 Kia Sephia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sephia model:
UNRELIABLE
By Jennifer Deon on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I HAVE BEEN TAKEN FOR A RIDE. THERE IS NO WARRANTY ON USED KIA'S!! I HAD THE CAR FOR A YEAR NOW AND THE TRANSMISSION FAILED!!! SAD, JENN

DONT BUY ONE OF THESE VEHILES!!!
By jeff culver on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my kia 2 years ago, it has been nothing but problems, its been in the shop about 10 times for sevral repairs,the fuel pump, the windsheild leaking,recalls on the wipers,rear window defrost stopped working,horn stopped working,the o2 sensors went out,afters all of these repairs the check engine light is still on.Now it trys to stall at intersections,and is hard to start after getting fuel \,i WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST NOT BUYING THIS VEHICLE, BECAUSE IT WILL LEAVE YOU STRANDED

Don't Buy It
By carl2fine on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I've had my Kia for three and a half years and I am starting to get real aggravated with it. So far the fuel pump has been recalled, the windshield wipers, and my air condition has broken down. The brakes were a constant problem as they are with most Kia owners. Spend the extra money on a Honda.

Kia Sephia still Rollin' at 67K
By R. Baker on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I have had my Sephia for four years and 65,000 and I would have to say that aside from a few problems with the gas gauge and wiring harness that were corrected under warranty, the Kia has been a great buy. Contrary to what a "major consumer magazine" may say about the Sephia, I say that it handles well, the interior is comfortable for me (6ft+, 225lb), and that it has great pick up. As when I bought this car newe Kia is a great bargain when compared to the Corollas, Civics, Proteges out there which are over- priced. After four years, 67k on the road, the body integrity remains great w/ no rattles or creaks that I may have feared/expected when I bought it.

A Decent Buy
By J. Gonzalez on 03/12/02 15:46 PM (PST)

1998 Kia Sephia 4dr Sedan

It's a good buy considering what I paid for it brand new and the use I have gotten out of it. I paid about 10.5k including taxes and a few additions like alloy wheels, power windows/locks and remote keyless entry. My monthly payments hover around $150 after a $1,500 downpayment. I'vet ravelled from Ohio to Florida or New York and back about five or six times. The car has never let me down nor given a hint that it would. This is an ideal new car for those on a budget like me and students.