Used 1998 Kia Sephia LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Kia Sephia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sephia model:

fantastic car
By Dareba

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

Had this car for only a year, tranny went but that was my fault. Left the e brake up. It's got a lot of power and it'll go forever if you take good care of it.

very comfortable to sit in. great for long drives.

better exhaust hoists. easier to work on and replace parts.

Served me well
By Eric

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 98 Kia Sephia basically since new, I got it with about 5,000 miles on it and now it has over 115,000 on it. Parts can be expensive, but the motor has lasted great with no problems. The car shows no signs of quiting anytime soon, has been very reliable over the years, had a few parts break, but that is to be expected when you start putting miles on your car.

Inexpensive purchase price. Good power, quick acceleration. Decent gas mileage. Great A to B car. More durable then expected, I really gave it a beating and it keeps on running. Great in snow.

Replaced rotors and brakes several times, brakes don't work that great. Had to put a new transmission in it. Engine wiring melted one. Loud at speeds over 75 mph. Door locks freeze up in the extreme cold.

Get Car Go Buy One Now
By Peter

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. I brought it with 53,000 miles on it and have put another 60,000 on it. The car was inexpensive and parts are a little hard to find but not that expensive at all. Never have to worry if it is going to start in the morning or afternoon. I would recommend to anyone to buy. It is like anything else a car is as good as you treat it and is as reliable as you maintain it. I would drive anywhere in it.

Has great power, and great handling.

Exhaust doesn't hold up that well and could use bigger brakes for better stopping power.

Freekies
By Freekie

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I have own the car since New. Never had any major problems with it. I had to have the rotors replaced but they were done under a recall. I don't take care of it well either. I am lucky if I change the oil once a year and It has almost 78,000 miles on it running like a champ.

Everything's been perfect
By Scott

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

Bought our Kia Sephia LS brand new back in 1998. In the last seven years we have not had even a single problem with this car. That's right, not a problem one. Almost everything is still original parts; only new tires, filters, wipers, and oil. The car is reasonably comfortable and powerful enough for a four cylinder engine. This car has truly been great. That it was cheaper than everything else has just been the icing on the cake. It probably doesn't matter anymore, but after reading some of the negative comments, I figured I ought to share our completely positive experience.

Quality, reliability, high gas mileage, design qualities have held up extremely well, still looks fresh.

Seats are probably more designed for women than men, i.e. shorter individuals, but they are still comfortable on long drives with a stop or two on the way.