1998 Kia Sephia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sephia model:
fantastic car
By Dareba on 08/13/09 05:19 AM (PDT)

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

Had this car for only a year, tranny went but that was my fault. Left the e brake up. It's got a lot of power and it'll go forever if you take good care of it.

Served me well
By Eric on 01/27/07 07:50 AM (PST)

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 98 Kia Sephia basically since new, I got it with about 5,000 miles on it and now it has over 115,000 on it. Parts can be expensive, but the motor has lasted great with no problems. The car shows no signs of quiting anytime soon, has been very reliable over the years, had a few parts break, but that is to be expected when you start putting miles on your car.

Get Car Go Buy One Now
By Peter on 12/19/05 22:34 PM (PST)

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. I brought it with 53,000 miles on it and have put another 60,000 on it. The car was inexpensive and parts are a little hard to find but not that expensive at all. Never have to worry if it is going to start in the morning or afternoon. I would recommend to anyone to buy. It is like anything else a car is as good as you treat it and is as reliable as you maintain it. I would drive anywhere in it.

Freekies
By Freekie on 06/29/05 15:51 PM (PDT)

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I have own the car since New. Never had any major problems with it. I had to have the rotors replaced but they were done under a recall. I don't take care of it well either. I am lucky if I change the oil once a year and It has almost 78,000 miles on it running like a champ.

Everything's been perfect
By Scott on 05/02/05 13:21 PM (PDT)

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

Bought our Kia Sephia LS brand new back in 1998. In the last seven years we have not had even a single problem with this car. That's right, not a problem one. Almost everything is still original parts; only new tires, filters, wipers, and oil. The car is reasonably comfortable and powerful enough for a four cylinder engine. This car has truly been great. That it was cheaper than everything else has just been the icing on the cake. It probably doesn't matter anymore, but after reading some of the negative comments, I figured I ought to share our completely positive experience.

7 years and still VERY reliable.
By Jules on 03/22/05 04:23 AM (PST)

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I must say I concur with 75% of what people have said about the Sephia LS. Not even with 25 miles on my newly bought car back in '98 my engine fuse busted and luckily a mechanic walked by and temporarily replaced my busted fuse with a windshield fuse to last me until I got to the dealership that same day. Since then the L.A. heat swelled up my front dashboard so that it's curling up and out of the AC vents. Then my gas gauge broke and I haven't bothered fixing it because it costs a lot of money to open up my car and tighten the screw. But after 7 years and +81K miles I NEVER worry that my engine won't start in the mornings. I'm purchasing another car though, but I know my mom can depend on Kia.

Don't Buy the Kia Sephia
By cynthia henderson on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

The car started breaking down right away. Breaks down every couple of months. The parts are expensive and can only be bought from the dealer. 4 different mechanics told us that the Kia parts are cheaply made and break often. 1 mechanic advised us to buy another car rather than continue to fix the Kia with parts that are so poorly made by the company. We contacted the customer relations department at Kia, and they told us it was the dealers problem. They did not have to deal with issues concerning poorly made cars or parts. The car is unrelaible, poorly made, uncomfortable to drive, and expensive to repair the many many problems.

Bad Kia Cars
By Willieeeeeeeeeee on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

Had this car for 5 years. In the 5 years it been bronken down for more then a week. Parts are hard to get and over priced. Every is coming apart.

Trooper Also
By PaulP718 on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

We bought our Kia in 99 with 10,000 miles. It now has 60,000. We have had to replace the battery twice but have had no other problems. We would buy another Kia if we bought another car. We really have enjoyed the car. We only have one car so reliability has been very important!

Little Trouper
By Happy Kia Owner on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I don't know why the some of these people has had problems with their Kia, but as far as I am concerned, mine is a little trouper. I bought her with only 7 miles on the odometer she has been great. My Kia Sephia has only broken down once throughout my entire ownership, and that was the timing belt pulley or tensioner. If it wasn't for that, my car, believe it or not still has about 90% of its original parts. This has truly been one of the best little car I have ever owned.