1997 Kia Sephia 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - My Work Car, the 97

1997 Kia Sephia - Consumer Review

RS Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My Work Car, the 97 Sephia R.S.
By A. Cook on

1997 Kia Sephia RS 4dr Sedan

This car, for what it cost me and for the way it was designed , wasnt a bad buy.It is easy on gas and tires. The front wheel drive is a god send in the snow and ice. I have had some problems with a sensor going out . Expensive sensor, 310 $ plus labor ! The local dealer wasnt real helpful fixing it and i had to take it to an independent shop. They had it diagnosed in 45 minutes, whereas the dealer couldnt or wouldnt tell me what was wrong with it in 3 seperate trips. Go figure that !

Favorite Features

Fuel Economy pretty good. Zippy engine for its size. You are going 85 on the freeway before you know it. The wheel alignment seems stable and the tires wear evenly. Pretty reliable even when some of the sensor, computer glitches occured. I wasnt stranded anywhere.

Suggested Improvements

The improvements have been made in subsequent years, newer models etc. I am currently looking in to the Sorrento SUV to buy this year sometime. I think when KIA teamed up with Hyundai consumers