Having problems with the idel in this car!!
By rose85bud89 on
1997 Kia Sephia RS 4dr Sedan
I just bought this car alittle over amonth ago. It is agreat car, but there is something wrong with the idel. When you drive it, its okay...but while you are stopped or in park it idels really high. There is also asmall piece that is on the car, that still works but there is some part broken where the hose is suppose to go, we think that might be the problem, but no one knows what this part is or called just something to do with the idel.
Favorite Features
Love how small the car is and how much power it has.
Suggested Improvements
The idel is very off. Aslo when we are stopped it jurks and sputters then idels very high as well...so need some help with this problem.
By jellswo
on 06/15/13 14:19 PM (PDT)

I purchased this year and model car a couple months ago. I like how it drives, the AC blows cold and it handles very nicely considering it needs a transmission and clutch overhaul. It has it's issues, but I like it. After purchasing it a while later the Engine Light came on. I took it to Wal-mart and they connected their small diagnostics machine to it and the code read: P0505. I looked it up on the internet and it reported it was an Idle Controller System. They say this is what causes your car to either idle high/low. Mine idles fine even with the AC on. I had the Engine Light turned off to see if it comes back on later, the mechanic said it could be due to the catalytic converter or a piece behind it. Emissions are due in July so I will need to get this fixed pronto. I just want to say, I like this little car. It's 16 years old and handles very nicely.