Used 1996 Kia Sephia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Kia Sephia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sephia model:

1996 Kia Sephia LS, Manual, A/C, Powered
By Driven 25,000km,148K

1996 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

Excellent car for a late 1990's model. 1996 received excellent reviews (looking online). This vehicle is well built, repairs are inexpensive (in Korea), the built is solid. For $320 I bought a vehicle driven 25,000km over the past 1.5 hours without a breakdown. Quality build tested on rough Korean roads intercity and highway driving. Weakness: curling dashboard, radio electronic problems, replaced drive shaft, ball joints, front brakes, master clutch cylinder, 1 front strut, 4 (new) recycled new tires ($80!). Very dependable and a little hard to get rid of really. Save money, this is a good one if mechanically maintained. Thx.

Suspension, tough and dependable even after ramming speed bumps heavily for 1.5 years, never needed an alignment. Shifts flawlessly, smooth handling, excellent engine/transmission.

Better looks obviously, otherwise, can't ask for more dependability, top notch!

Owner
By Greatfoo

1996 Kia Sephia RS 4dr Sedan

The car has proven to be dependable with limited problems. Fuel cell or computerized fuel system has to be repaired as did the hydraulic clutch. Next will be the timing belt. It has been a very good car and has needed only basic maintenance and clutch hydraulics.

Comfort, economy, and dependability.

Clutch never feels quite right. It seems it engages at different rises at times and is hard to get used to.

Good car just hard to find parts
By lemichaelj

1996 Kia Sephia LS 4dr Sedan

I own 2 Kia Sephia's they both are good cars one a 95' and one a 96' almost the same except one is a stick shift, only problem with them that I see on all kia's is the axle shafts only last about 75000 miles hard to find parts for these jokers too, but they are relativly good cars for the value, I have had no major mechanical problems with either one of mine, the 95 Air went out just a month ago and is expensive to replace car isn't worth it. but drives like a champ, like I said just hard to get parts for them but if you search hard enough you can find them.

Good Gas milage and auto matics drive really good low rpms per miles per hour love that. and value makes them worth buying

get some aftermarket parts for these things. its just so hard to find parts locally, you may have to use the internet to find them

Lou's Review
By Louis E. Niedermeier

1996 Kia Sephia RS 4dr Sedan

I haven't had too many problems with the Kia Saphia other than the engine light tends to go on if you accelerate too fast with it... I have beaten a Ford Mustang with it, Acura Integras, Honda Accords, and Honda Civics. Now if you don't think thats all that great, well, the car is all stock. If you buy one of these im sure you will be pleased.

My favorite feature is the air conditioner. It realy works well, and I haven't had any problems with it what so ever. I also like the fact that it has good acceleration, its not the best but it will do.

There is one problem I have had repeatedly. The battery tends to go dead quickly. I end up buying a new battery every year or so. Another improvement I would like to see happen is a raise in horsepower. 105 hp is not my idea of quick, but for what I paid for the car, its pretty good.

It's not your normal kia
By Eladio

1996 Kia Sephia RS 4dr Sedan

Well at first i had some problems but i decided that i wanted to street race in this car so i rebuild my motor with some performance parts and it has worked out great. I put aluminium pistons with aluminium rings, the block was cut by 20 plus some more modifications, right now it did about a 15.1 on the 1/4 so its pretty good.

Well the radio that i installed plus the speakers, and many other modifications

Look I would recommend this car to any, the things i did to it are because of my use for but if it is a person that needs a car to move around and just have fun its a good affordable car.