Good Minivan for the Price
By rob_longisland on
2012 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
A good basic minivan. I was looking for a basic family transportation vehicle which I plan to drive till it drops, so trade in value is not a huge thing for me. I'm hoping to get the car up and over 150k miles during my time of ownership. The Kia fit the bill perfectly. My dealership was very fair and upfront with all the numbers. Nothing was hidden and everything was clearly explained. Received great financing at 2.9% for 60 months and substantial rebates as well. I was also able to negotiate the price of the vehicle close to the invoice price. Overall I got a vehicle at a price that could not be matched by any of the competitors for the same equipment level by thousands of dollars.
Favorite Features
Safety features. Bang for the Buck quotient. Very peppy 271 HP V6. Bluetooth Sync with voice recognition that actually works quite well. 2nd row captain chairs, and stow and go 3rd row seats.
Suggested Improvements
The car needs an exterior remodel, to bring it in line with its new modeling of the brand. So its not as snazzy looking as the Quest which I was looking at but I rather save over 6000 dollars and live with the older look in this economy. Money talks, looks walks. Its a minivan anyways, so the lines are not as important as a sedan to me. I would also like to see a higher base trim level. A little more chrome, and perhaps some leather appointments and some faux wood grain trim hear and there. Nothing crazy but just a little. I would even pay 750 / 1000 on an appearance package for that option on the LX model.