Great buy
By dcbrown on
2012 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
As a 71 year old I never thought that I would own a mini-van. But three grandchildren under 4 and a 96 year old mother-in-law changed all that. So I went shopping in late '11 dead set on getting an Oddysey. Reality set in quickly as price and an unwillingness of four Honda dealerships to deal eliminated that choice. And lucky that was for I had a blast shopping around - something I had not needed to do for my previous five cars. My final choice was an easy one spurred by a great deal, friendly dealership, and fully loaded Kia Sedona at about 12k less than the desired Oddysey. It is now ten months and almost 20k miles into the vehicle and I love it.
Favorite Features
Smoothe riding and ease of driving unsurpassed in any previous vehicle of the many I have owned or leased, the Sedona makes the 70 percent interstate and turnpike driving that I do a breeze. Gas mileage is as advertised ... 19 in town and 23-24 on the road. I have not had a Sirius radio before but never will be without it again finances permitting.
Suggested Improvements
The only constructive criticism I have is the failure of the two second row seats to fold up effectively for increased cargo space and ease of buckling grandchildren into car seats. Rather than dissapear beneathe the floor like the Town and Country, or lock into place tight against the front seats, a strap is required to hold them forward hooked into the seat belt holder in the front. Real lousy design and frankly, with grandchildren to strap into car seats in the third row and all, would have been a deal breaker for me if I had been an experienced van owner.