Traded in an F150 King Ranch for the Sedona
By tomerikac on
2011 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
That's right. My wife's 2002 Kia Sedona was starting to get a little old in the tooth. But instead of trading it in on the 2011, I decided to trade in my 2006 King Ranch for it. Hey, the King Ranch was beautiful, but the Sedona gets 10 more mpg, hauls the kids AND the groceries and doesn't cost so much to maintain (tires, repairs, etc.) So she drives the new Sedona (safer and more dependable than the '02) and I carpool in the old Sedona. The 'o02 had a $1000 repair (AC) a few months back, but that has been the only repair in over 9 years. My wife LOVES the 2011...the kids too!!!
Favorite Features
Has to be the bluetooth. My wife loves it. But it is easy to drive, sufficient power, love the 6 spd trans (very smooth), and the mileage is the best of any vehicle I ever drove. Except maybe that VW microbus I drove in the 70s. Roomy and the beige interior is easy on the eyes. I bought it used (20k miles), 4 more years of bumper to bumper, and since I traded in a $19k truck, I paid no taxes. Out the door $19,600. the best deal I could find, and I shopped around a lot. Plus we love the white with beige interior, ideal for that hot Az sun.
Suggested Improvements
At 6'2" I am a little crowded in the driver's seat. But this vehicle is mainly my wife's and she is 5' tall. Well, this may sound silly, but having driven full size pickups for the last 30 years, I'd love to see it lifted about 12". Of course then you'd have to classify it as an SUV. Interior does seem a bit cheap, but since I am saving so much, I can live with it. we intend to put a lot of miles on our Sedona over the next 10 years or so.