2011 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
2nd To Best Car I Have Ever Owned!
By kiafanaz on 06/27/13 11:59 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

People give KIA Motors dirt about how their build quality is horrible and that they are a piece of junk but ill tell you something this minivan is the the 2nd best car i have ever owned! I purchased mine at Jim Click Kia and the sales people are just the best! Hey its a minivan you cant expect excellent fuel mileage! The price is unbeatable I paid 25k for mine loaded and the power doors have never gotten stuck no problems at all! power everything! for 25k? WOW KIA really out did themselves with the product! The engine is super strong!! and it is very hard to drive this car with a light foot because the power is always there! shifts smooth as butter just if you need a mini van! take a look

Not with your money
By teac on 01/06/13 16:19 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a Sedona new in june 2011, from day one I had nothing but small problems with it and the dealer just didn't seem to know how to fix it. First the radio had a mind of its own, when playing the cd, it shutoff and played the radio, when playing the radio it changed stations, some times it even shut off completly.Eighteen months later and a total of 12 days in the shop and a replaced radio(so they said) it was still broken. Some of the other problems bad idle pully, bad batteries, loose ground wires preventing the windows or locks to work and one dealer wanted 450 to fix. nothing but headaches finally traded it in at 18 months and loss $8000 in the process.

Great minivan for the price!
By scoop14 on 03/23/12 10:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2011 Sedona was $6000 less out the door than Sienna and has a better warranty. Our local Kia dealership is also a well respected family business. Sienna drove slightly better but certainly not $6000 worth! Truth is with two kids & a dog to haul around it needs to be comfortable, solid & safe - it is. The Sedona's 3.5 V6 is powerful, willing, and sounds really good winding out. The auto shifts cleanly and manual mode works well in the hills. The 18/25 mileage figures are accurate. I meet or exceed these numbers when driven calmly. 5600 miles so far and one problem (sticky purge valve = rough idle) fixed without problem under warranty with loaner provided. Happy so far with my first Kia.

Traded in an F150 King Ranch for the Sedona
By tomerikac on 10/24/11 22:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

That's right. My wife's 2002 Kia Sedona was starting to get a little old in the tooth. But instead of trading it in on the 2011, I decided to trade in my 2006 King Ranch for it. Hey, the King Ranch was beautiful, but the Sedona gets 10 more mpg, hauls the kids AND the groceries and doesn't cost so much to maintain (tires, repairs, etc.) So she drives the new Sedona (safer and more dependable than the '02) and I carpool in the old Sedona. The 'o02 had a $1000 repair (AC) a few months back, but that has been the only repair in over 9 years. My wife LOVES the 2011...the kids too!!!

Repeat buyer
By hobef on 05/04/11 08:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Kia Sedona. I have owned a 05 Sedona XL , a 05 Kia Sedona EX and now a 11 Kia Sedona LX. I have found the Sedona to be an excellent vehicle, I have taken many trips in the van as well as to drive it dailey. I have never had any issues with the cars performance or maintenance.

Solid Minivan...
By wskrides on 12/06/10 22:49 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in an '04 Odyssey which was a reliable tank of a minivan for this '11 Sedona. Got $3K off in rebates/incentives so the deal was sweet for a minivan that doesn't have nearly the bells & whistles and frills of the new model Odyssey and Siena. But it gets the job done by transporting our 5 member family quickly & safely to where we need to go. First thousand miles have been smoooooth...

Pay more for what, exactly?
By Father of four on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2011 Kia Sedona is our second minivan (we have four children aged seven and under). Traded in a VW Passat wagon, and it hurt to say goodbye to our last car with any "coolness" factor. Our other minivan is a Toyota Sienna. The Sedona is an improvement upon the Passat in every way. Far more fun to drive, with great pickup and handling. We added leather, which makes it look sharp. The interior gives the impression of being larger than the Sienna's. And other than a higher sticker price, we are not sure what advantages the Sienna offers. The Kia's mileage around town is somewhat less than advertised--around 16 mpg--but it is up to the Toyota's quality in every other way. Safe and reliable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Sedona Minivan in NJ is:

$183 per month*