Used 2011 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Sedona

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Good Van... 100K look out!
By Dan

2011 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned several Kia Sedonas' and over all we have been satisfied. I even recommend them to friends that are in the market for a van. I like that the Kia has light truck tires on it. This isn't so good for a ride, but is great in a rural venue. It also lends to a more durable tire. I feel that Kia has kind of skimped on the interior of the van. It could have more options, but I think they were trying to keep the cost down and threw some of them out the window. There are several issues to be aware of... 1. the AC pump is prone to going out at least once in the vans life. And even when it is working properly, it makes a rather annoying noise. 2. Be prepared to replace the idler pulley at least once. I have owned 2 vans and this has happened to both. 3. The paint job is kinda cheep. The handles are starting to peel and stuff... could have done better. 4. The bucket seat arms are always coming lose and require me tightening them up once a month.... rather stupid. For my major complaint.... 5. at 100K miles be prepared for something to happen. Right now I am dealing with the oil pressure sensor that is leaking oil. The shop wanted $500 to replace it so I decided to tackle it my self. I think $500 for them to do it would have been a better deal. Wicked pain in the butt!! This being said, I hope to have it fixed and back on the road. I would like to run this bad boy till the wheels fall off. I think I would buy another Kia, because there are some good points, but just be aware of the 100k jinks.

2nd To Best Car I Have Ever Owned!
By kiafanaz

2011 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

People give KIA Motors dirt about how their build quality is horrible and that they are a piece of junk but ill tell you something this minivan is the the 2nd best car i have ever owned! I purchased mine at Jim Click Kia and the sales people are just the best! Hey its a minivan you cant expect excellent fuel mileage! The price is unbeatable I paid 25k for mine loaded and the power doors have never gotten stuck no problems at all! power everything! for 25k? WOW KIA really out did themselves with the product! The engine is super strong!! and it is very hard to drive this car with a light foot because the power is always there! shifts smooth as butter just if you need a mini van! take a look

I love the stereo infinity system! also have satellite radio, power doors and power lift gate. Mounted turn signals on mirrors just its a best!

None at all!

Not with your money
By teac

2011 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a Sedona new in june 2011, from day one I had nothing but small problems with it and the dealer just didn't seem to know how to fix it. First the radio had a mind of its own, when playing the cd, it shutoff and played the radio, when playing the radio it changed stations, some times it even shut off completly.Eighteen months later and a total of 12 days in the shop and a replaced radio(so they said) it was still broken.
Some of the other problems bad idle pully, bad batteries, loose ground wires preventing the windows or locks to work and one dealer wanted 450 to fix. nothing but headaches finally traded it in at 18 months and loss $8000 in the process.

The interior was ok.. the exterior was sharp looking. The extra standard features like back up senors, and directionals in the mirrors were nice, but they had to add these things just to get someone like me to purchase it .. The price was nice but you get what you pay for.. this was just not a good vehicle....

Teach the tech how to fix problems, it took the shop two tries to replace the battery, haveing placed an underpowered aftermarket in the van the first time. Then trying to charge $450 for a new wiring harnest, when I took it to a different shop it was a loose ground wire.. The also need better tires, I had two replace two in less than a year because of defects.

Great minivan for the price!
By scoop14

2011 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2011 Sedona was $6000 less out the door than Sienna and has a better warranty. Our local Kia dealership is also a well respected family business. Sienna drove slightly better but certainly not $6000 worth! Truth is with two kids & a dog to haul around it needs to be comfortable, solid & safe - it is. The Sedona's 3.5 V6 is powerful, willing, and sounds really good winding out. The auto shifts cleanly and manual mode works well in the hills. The 18/25 mileage figures are accurate. I meet or exceed these numbers when driven calmly. 5600 miles so far and one problem (sticky purge valve = rough idle) fixed without problem under warranty with loaner provided. Happy so far with my first Kia.

Comfortable family cruiser. Durable well constructed plastics (good for kids). Bluetooth works well and call clarity is good. Powerful engine. Accurate mileage ratings. Steering wheel controls. Backup sensors.

Throttle tip-in is too aggressive for my tastes. A gentle foot is required for a slow pull away. Telescoping wheel should be included. For driver's over 6 ft the front seat would be better with an extra inch of rearward travel. Exterior design is pleasant but forgettable (similar to last generation Odyssey). Sedona could use some cosmetics to make it look as nice as the other new Kias.

Traded in an F150 King Ranch for the Sedona
By tomerikac

2011 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

That's right.
My wife's 2002 Kia Sedona was starting to get a little old in the tooth.
But instead of trading it in on the 2011, I decided to trade in my 2006 King Ranch for it.
Hey, the King Ranch was beautiful, but the Sedona gets 10 more mpg, hauls the kids AND the groceries and doesn't cost so much to maintain (tires, repairs, etc.)
So she drives the new Sedona (safer and more dependable than the '02) and I carpool in the old Sedona.
The 'o02 had a $1000 repair (AC) a few months back, but that has been the only repair in over 9 years.
My wife LOVES the 2011...the kids too!!!

Has to be the bluetooth. My wife loves it. But it is easy to drive, sufficient power, love the 6 spd trans (very smooth), and the mileage is the best of any vehicle I ever drove. Except maybe that VW microbus I drove in the 70s. Roomy and the beige interior is easy on the eyes. I bought it used (20k miles), 4 more years of bumper to bumper, and since I traded in a $19k truck, I paid no taxes. Out the door $19,600. the best deal I could find, and I shopped around a lot. Plus we love the white with beige interior, ideal for that hot Az sun.

At 6'2" I am a little crowded in the driver's seat. But this vehicle is mainly my wife's and she is 5' tall. Well, this may sound silly, but having driven full size pickups for the last 30 years, I'd love to see it lifted about 12". Of course then you'd have to classify it as an SUV. Interior does seem a bit cheap, but since I am saving so much, I can live with it. we intend to put a lot of miles on our Sedona over the next 10 years or so.