Wow, what a ride
By Joe on
2010 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)
Male,Age 75,I traded my 2002 Mazda Minivan (116,000 miles) for this 2010 Sedona. Drove home from MN.to Tx. then turned around and drove to San Francisco, Ca. and back to TX. All interstate. This car is a real great road car, holding the legal limit of 80 mph in Texas on I-10 for over 400 miles. Carried a lot of "stuff" to Ca. as I am downsizing the house. 3700 miles mostly between 70 & 80 mph I averaged 22.6 mpg. Great for this size car. Similar mileage to the old Mazda MPV which was smaller and lighter. Both with V-6 motors. We saw a lot of the Western USA, from the MPV, so I am used to road travel. Wish my wife was still alive to enjoy this great new Mini-Van.
Favorite Features
Back up beeper when parking! Fold up 2nd row seats. 5' across behind them for wide items. 13" longer than the MPV accepts more cargo. with out removing the 2nd row seats. Very comfortable at Interstate speeds. No extra power anything, I dont use distracting radio CD or cell phone stuff when driving
Suggested Improvements
Move cruse controls off the steering wheel. I was always killing the cruse with my large hand. Go to the stalk behind the wheel. Also hate to have to look down (eyes off road) to set and change the cruse control. Prefer the Stick behind the wheel where can operate it and still watch road.