Used 2010 Kia Sedona Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

2010 Kia Sedona Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Dead battery
By Lisa Pratt

2010 Kia Sedona Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My company purchased a 2010 Sedona. When we keep the emergency flashers on for more then 10 minutes without the van running our battery goes dead. I brought it back to the dealer and they found nothing wrong. A battery does not go dead within that short period of time. The KIA company have done nothing to resolve this problem after numerous complaints, I would not recommend any one to purchase a KIA even though it is the sister to the Hyundai family. Can you just imagine being on the side of the highway and your vehicle breaks down, you keep your flashers on and when the tow truck arrives, he has to jump your battery and fix a flat at the same time. Buyer Beware!

Wow, what a ride
By Joe

2010 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Male,Age 75,I traded my 2002 Mazda Minivan (116,000 miles) for this 2010 Sedona. Drove home from MN.to Tx. then turned around and drove to San Francisco, Ca. and back to TX. All interstate. This car is a real great road car, holding the legal limit of 80 mph in Texas on I-10 for over 400 miles. Carried a lot of "stuff" to Ca. as I am downsizing the house. 3700 miles mostly between 70 & 80 mph I averaged 22.6 mpg. Great for this size car. Similar mileage to the old Mazda MPV which was smaller and lighter. Both with V-6 motors. We saw a lot of the Western USA, from the MPV, so I am used to road travel. Wish my wife was still alive to enjoy this great new Mini-Van.

Favorite Features

Back up beeper when parking! Fold up 2nd row seats. 5' across behind them for wide items. 13" longer than the MPV accepts more cargo. with out removing the 2nd row seats. Very comfortable at Interstate speeds. No extra power anything, I dont use distracting radio CD or cell phone stuff when driving

Suggested Improvements

Move cruse controls off the steering wheel. I was always killing the cruse with my large hand. Go to the stalk behind the wheel. Also hate to have to look down (eyes off road) to set and change the cruse control. Prefer the Stick behind the wheel where can operate it and still watch road.

Poor vehicle/Poor Customer Service
By seemang

2010 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

KIA is dishonest. Standard options don't come standard. 15 mpg instead of 21 mpg. The engine light came on at only 500 miles. It handles poorly. Acceleration is weak. It has the feeling of a 4 cylinder. It doesn't have all the options that it's competitors have. The options they do have don't have the functionality of it's competitors. For example, it has radio controls on the steering wheel, yet you can't change the station or go to the next song on the wheel. You still have to go to the radio. ***Spend a little bit more upfront for a more reliable minivan. It'll be cheaper in the long run.

Favorite Features

Power Doors

Suggested Improvements

KIA should stick to theri word. If they say options come standard and the vehicle doesn't have that option. Then they install that option at no charge. Instead KIA gives pointless excuses and says,"Its confusing".

Both pros and cons
By Evan

2010 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car is definitely has high ratio of quality and price. It runs very smoothly and quietly.

Favorite Features

It has many standard features that other brand won't offer at the same price.

Suggested Improvements

My concerns is that it does not have light sensor that can automatically switch day light and night light. Door is not autolocked when car start running. And I would prefer it has a compass indicator plus alloy wheel option for LX. Expecting more fuel efficiency.

So Not a MiniVan/Soccer Mom...til Now!
By J.Zof

2010 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We've only had the van for about two weeks now and so far love it! It's like they say, never want one, till you own one! With 3 kids this is the perfect car for us. I was sad to get rid of my CX-7 but am so happy we did - not just for the room alone. The ride is smooth and surprisingly quiet. The leather seats are very comfortable! DVD with wireless headphones = awesome! And getting all in & out is stress free. Looked at the Sienna & the Odyssey - so nice, but expensive at the mid-range model. We got this fully loaded for about the same & neither could touch the cash incentives or the warranty! We hope we've made a good investment & are able to ride this car into the ground. A Kia? who knew?

Favorite Features

Back-up camera & parking assist, remote sliding doors & lift gate - of course, tons of storage, 3rd row recliners, memory driver's seat/mirrors-thank you! DVD.

Suggested Improvements

no bluetooth?, steering mounted radio controls should be standard & should have channel selection-not just volume. 2nd outlet in dash instead of lighter-who smokes anymore? fuel economy?-not so sure yet, but did expect to burn quicker with the larger vehicle. 2nd row sliders for easier 3rd row access