2010 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
2010 Sedona Brakes
By kia2010owner on 01/26/13 15:03 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The rotors on my Sedona 2010 always stress on a downgrade. The whole system vibrates and sounds like it will fail. Car has less than 35,000. Dealer told me it is the way I drive. I live on flat land with little or no traffic to stress system. One "Goodwill Warranty" machined front brake 7/7 and rear brake 6/6. Within 3 months I had to drive the same grade...huge vibration. Immediately took car to dealer...Insisted I needed to replace all rotors (approx $500.)..Took to my local brake specialist...$70.00 ..machined left front rotor...pads good. Did not need to replace rotors. Again 6 months later brakes vibrate on a downhill grade. Anyone else experiencing this?

Latent Battery Related Issues
By mytwocents on 07/16/12 05:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in March 2010, roughly 6 months later began having unexplained occurrences of the battery dying. Dealer found nothing wrong, yet the issue persists sporadically even to this day.

Best surprise in less expensive minivan!
By rustynutz on 10/03/11 14:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

bought used with 33,000 from car rental, saved $$$$. Changed to mobile one oil, took a 2,000 mile trip from SA TX to Wich KS and back, plus sight seeing. Averaged 25mpg running mostly 80mph. Pros: Great seating, acceleration, handling, traction and braking. good visability, low road noise, lots of storage places and plenty of drink holders. Well placed controls, easy to access while driving. Good factory window tinting, dual A/C keeps everyone comfy. Getting around 18 mpg in town. Cons: Can't think of any yet, will post later if I find any.

Great Value
By zeuscharles on 06/21/11 06:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I view a car as a depreciating asset and a necessary evil that needs to be reliable and safe. I do not view my vehicles as a statement of my success nor do I view them as a mobile living room. That said, I bought a used 2010 Sedonna LX with 18000 miles on the odometer, covered the steering wheel with a laced leather cover, and I am thrilled with it. It drives as nicely as many other minivans, gets fair gas mileage, and was a great value. Based on my first three months with the vehicle, I highly recommend the Kia Sedonna LX if you are seeking enjoyable and well priced transportation.

Dead battery
By Lisa Pratt on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My company purchased a 2010 Sedona. When we keep the emergency flashers on for more then 10 minutes without the van running our battery goes dead. I brought it back to the dealer and they found nothing wrong. A battery does not go dead within that short period of time. The KIA company have done nothing to resolve this problem after numerous complaints, I would not recommend any one to purchase a KIA even though it is the sister to the Hyundai family. Can you just imagine being on the side of the highway and your vehicle breaks down, you keep your flashers on and when the tow truck arrives, he has to jump your battery and fix a flat at the same time. Buyer Beware!

Wow, what a ride
By Joe on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Male,Age 75,I traded my 2002 Mazda Minivan (116,000 miles) for this 2010 Sedona. Drove home from MN.to Tx. then turned around and drove to San Francisco, Ca. and back to TX. All interstate. This car is a real great road car, holding the legal limit of 80 mph in Texas on I-10 for over 400 miles. Carried a lot of "stuff" to Ca. as I am downsizing the house. 3700 miles mostly between 70 & 80 mph I averaged 22.6 mpg. Great for this size car. Similar mileage to the old Mazda MPV which was smaller and lighter. Both with V-6 motors. We saw a lot of the Western USA, from the MPV, so I am used to road travel. Wish my wife was still alive to enjoy this great new Mini-Van.

Poor vehicle/Poor Customer Service
By seemang on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

KIA is dishonest. Standard options don't come standard. 15 mpg instead of 21 mpg. The engine light came on at only 500 miles. It handles poorly. Acceleration is weak. It has the feeling of a 4 cylinder. It doesn't have all the options that it's competitors have. The options they do have don't have the functionality of it's competitors. For example, it has radio controls on the steering wheel, yet you can't change the station or go to the next song on the wheel. You still have to go to the radio. ***Spend a little bit more upfront for a more reliable minivan. It'll be cheaper in the long run.

Both pros and cons
By Evan on 08/09/10 11:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car is definitely has high ratio of quality and price. It runs very smoothly and quietly.

So Not a MiniVan/Soccer Mom...til Now!
By J.Zof on 07/26/10 12:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We've only had the van for about two weeks now and so far love it! It's like they say, never want one, till you own one! With 3 kids this is the perfect car for us. I was sad to get rid of my CX-7 but am so happy we did - not just for the room alone. The ride is smooth and surprisingly quiet. The leather seats are very comfortable! DVD with wireless headphones = awesome! And getting all in & out is stress free. Looked at the Sienna & the Odyssey - so nice, but expensive at the mid-range model. We got this fully loaded for about the same & neither could touch the cash incentives or the warranty! We hope we've made a good investment & are able to ride this car into the ground. A Kia? who knew?

Great value great car...all the perks
By adamkennedy on 06/23/10 19:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I researched both the Toyota Siena and the Honda Odyssey against the Sedona. I wanted leather, power everything and DVD. I ultimately went with the Kia because I could get all of those features for almost $5k lower than the Honda and Toyota (including incentives). I am so glad I did because the more I drive the fan the more comfortable I feel with the ride quality and features. My wife loves it, my kids love it and I love it (I never thought I'd say that about a minivan).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Kia Sedona in VA is:

$168 per month*