2009 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
But I don't want a minivan!
By Rookie on 03/18/10 10:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I am a reluctant minivan buyer. With two kids still in car seats, my wife felt it was the way to go. She was right. Plenty of room, nice 3rd row folding seats, comfort, and easy to drive. The Kia came with some nice features such as the iPod dock and good storage cubbies. The ability to roll down the back seat windows for the kids is nice too. The V6 has some good pep when needed as well. Turns out I am pleasantly surprised that I actually enjoy driving the Sedona. Itís still a van, but itís nice to know Iíve got a highly rated vehicle for safety with two small kids. Yes, Kia has a low resale value, but that allowed me to buy this for $15k. It was a great buy.

Sedona Du Jour
By MtnExplorer on 02/01/10 14:10 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I drove this vehicle under all conditions on all kinds of roads rangine from sea level to 10,000' and found it to be much better than expected. I carried heavy loads that frequently approached maximum design limits. This minivan did very well as a cargo and people carrier. Passengers were surprised by the quiet, composed ride, even at 80mph. One friend, after we were under way at night on CA S.R. 14 had to ask what make the vehicle was. He just didn't expect the smooth, quiet ride he was getting. Head and cross-winds didn't bother it much. Torrential rains and temps. from 20 to 105F were handled well. Kept up well with an RX-9 up Tioga Pass from US 395. Very well balanced.

Love my KIA
By nanagale42557 on 12/16/09 07:12 AM (PST)

2009 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

2009 KIA was my first brand new van. Had a 2003 KIA to trade in. I love it. Had some problems with tires being low- call Road assistance- responded quickly. Took in for service- they found the problem. If I could change anything- I would change the Headrest. The ones in back seat are very uncomfortable. If you raise them up the driver cannot see from rear view mirror. Would love to see darker blue. I have the glacier blue. We went to Tennessee several times in it and use it for going to and from work. Love the foot rest -great when traveling long distances. Brakes and rotors need changing- you replace both when brakes wear out. But I love it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Kia Sedona Minivan in VA is:

$120 per month*