Used 2009 Kia Sedona Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

2009 Kia Sedona Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

2009 Kia Sedona
By 09_kia_sedona

2009 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2009 Sedona in 2011 - it had 30K on it. I LOVED that van. It was roomy, reliable, and had very few problems (the rubber on the sliding door came loose but that was covered by the warranty). The ONLY reasons we got rid of it were because of the high miles (115K) and it's not the best with gas mileage. I would bet that van could've easily lasted another 100K but I didn't want to deal with any age-related issues.

Favorite Features

The interior is nicely designed - very spacious. The rear seats are easily folded. The speaker system was good. I had very few problems with this vehicle. We certainly got our money's worth from this vehicle - I highly recommend it for those who need a roomy vehicle. We traded our van for a car and I know I'm already going to miss the roominess of that van.

Suggested Improvements

1. Not-so-good gas mileage. 2. The windshield had to be replaced (rock hit it). If this happens to you make sure the installer gets a very tight seal because we had to have it re-done twice..it made a whistling noise. Apparently, it's the bottom section that is difficult for them to get a tight seal.

Kia forever
By tommydriver

2009 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Was anti minivan until I traded in my too small baby jag for a family friendly Sedona in May 2010. Since then we jave put almost 15000 miles on it. Haven't regretted buying it yet. I have used it as a cargo hauler and people hauler. Took it cross country from Illinois to California and loved driving it the whole three days. Very comfortable and roomy for the whole family, good gas mileage, and ate up the Rockies without even breathing too hard. I will be replacing this with another Kia when it's time for a new vehicle. They may not be the most exciting, but they're always the best bang for your buck.

Favorite Features

Plenty of power to spare in the engine. Highway passing is a breeze. Plenty of room and quiet at speed.

Huge mistake
By kidschauffer2

2009 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 09 Sedona new. It had 23 repairs within the first 11 months. According to Fuccillo and Kia Motors it's not a lemon, so must be they are all built like this. Engine problems, electrical problems, brake problems, engine stability control problems, clamps breaking, sliding door that gets stuck and won't open, oil pools near the engine, and a tire light that comes on frequently. Mass Air Flow sensor replaced, 2 ABS sensors replaced (at seperate times) Hub ring replaced and heat shield clamps replaced. Engine sounds awful, loud and rumbly when started and sounds like a wind tunnel going down the highway. Never again will I own a Kia! Worst vehicle I've ever owned!

Suggested Improvements

Kia Motors should make a quality vehicle and require dealerships to fix problems instead of just doing quick fixes or ignoring issues.

Save yourself and stay away from Sedona!
By Lemonade

2009 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the worst car I have ever owned! It didn't start 2-3 times a month for the year I owned it and after 38 days in the shop and 5 visits we applied for the New York state lemon law and won. The bottom feeding Billy Fuccillo's service department used my car for the weekend and left it a mess Problems (power sliding doors not opening and car randomly not starting of course not fixed. This left me in many parking lots with my 3 kids under 4 counting on strangers to let me get a jump off of their car (The kia 24 hour help line would take 2-4hours to come when they picked up the phone). The radio also went the second week, Fuccillo had been painting their building and painted the car

Favorite Features

It looked nice and was spacious- looks were deceiving.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the doors. Improve reliability and get better coverage for your 24 hour road side assistance! Also stop allowing Fuccillo to have a service department they are horrible and are not what you should have representing any company!!

Love our sedona
By Karen

2009 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this van in late May (2010). We wanted something comparable to our pick-up as far as hauling items around. We are very happy with the purchase. I love the smooth ride, and comfort from this van. We bought the lx model 2009 in 2010. Got a great trade-in deal and love the way it handles on the road. Pure comfort for the driver and the passenger. Wish they would have had the option Dual Climate control in the lx, comes only in the ex. We've had this van for only 2 months and I can't wait to take a trip with it.

Favorite Features

Sirius radio, huge front window, quiet riding and very comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

power sliding doors on LX model,and Dual Climate control on LX model would be nice feature added.