KIA Not Loyal to Me
By jarhead6591 on
2008 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)
We bought a brand new '08 KIA Sedona EX, with all the bells and whistles (leather heated seats, adjustable pedals, sunroof, DVD system, etc., except navigation). We had an '06 Sedona LX that we liked and I figured we'd go for top of the line. Don't get me wrong, we love our EX, but will never buy another KAI again; no trade-in or resale value. We average 20 miles to the gallon, combined city and highway, but wanted something better on the gas. We checked into the KIA Sorento, really liked it and it gets excellent gas mileage with the 2.4L GDI engine. When I asked what I could get for a trade-in, I was told $13,000. My best advice...check resale values before you buy your next new car.
Favorite Features
We love everything about our Sedona, except the trade-in/resale value and the MPG. The service department at the KIA dealership is friendly and they always go the extra mile. Now that the kids are all grown, we don't need as much room.
Suggested Improvements
I suggest the folks at Black Book and Kelley Blue Book rethink the trade-in and resale values on the KIA Sedona. They are excellent minivans and comparable to if not better than Toyota and Honda. The 3.8L engine is powerful and reliable. The Sedona offers plenty of room and comfort for long road trips and is easy to get in and out. And it has an excellent safety rating to boot. I have never seen one broke down along the side of the road. 10 year/100,000 mile warranty tells me they are very sure of thier power train, not Honda or Toyota.