2008 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
Bad experience w/ Kia vehicle & service
By Laura on 03/13/09 12:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought Kia Sedona 2007 due to my past good experience with products from Samsung and I was fooled by 10 year 100,00 miles warranty. The vehicle broke down within 1 year and took them 4 months to find what was wrong. Before they found out the root cause, they blamed me for putting a wrong type of gas in the tank. They told me that their vehicles do not take gas from Costco, Wal-Mart or Quick Trip. This 10 year, 100,000 miles is not the sign of their confidence on their products, but a fake cover over their bad quality products and services. I almost had heart attacks dealing with their people. I hope you do not have to go through what I have gone through.

Great Car Great Price
By Sara on 03/01/09 06:29 AM (PST)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car after looking at the Odyossey and Sienna. For $6000 less than the other two cars and a 5 yr bumper to bumper compared to the 3 yr, it was a no brainer. We were able to afford the power package and are very happy with the purchase.

Best Buy for Safety, Comfort , Handling
By Retired in Midwest on 12/07/08 20:37 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in South & drove back to Midwest. 1st city tankful @ 17 and next 3 hwy tankfuls @ 22-23 MPG. Should improve. Handling, comfort & performance exceeded expectations. Seats are firm yet supportive. One day drove 500 miles and we were not fatigued. Visibility is good. SWB is right length for grandkids. Sedona is rated "safest" minivan of all and key influence of our purchase. Price was also a leading factor. Similar sized V6 Toyota, Honda (Sienna, Pilot, RAV4) out the door in low 20s. Ours was in lower teens. Nice riding safe vehicle. Ride quality and feel better than its MSRP. Great buy w quality & warranty TBD. Now has 1,700 miles. We do a lot of driving and feel very confident.

Great Buy And Full of Value And Safety
By Douglas lower on 11/07/08 00:05 AM (PST)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 2006 Sedona and loved it. I traded it in on a 2008 Dodge Gr Caravan SXT. I was very unhappy. I purchased a new 2008 Sedona LX w/rear DVD system. It comes very well equipped in LX trim. Extended wheelbase is the one to choose over the short. Safety features are the best in the industry. I would prefer power seats, but it was not worth the extra money of the EX. The powertrain is fantastic, powerful and smooth. It possesses confident handling. Braking is excellent. I chose Midnight Black w/Beige interior, the interior color is very soothing to look at. My 2006 was White w/Grey. I became tired of the grey w/the grey skies of Seattle. I love all the room, especially the headroom. PLEASING !

Best Value on the Market
By Steve Ice on 09/30/08 19:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have been shopping for a while and done much research on the Sienna, Odyssey and Sedona. All are great vehicles but I just couldn't justify spending $5K more and for less features on the the Honda or Toyota. Plus not to mention the 10 yr warranty. Kia dealers are giving employee pricing (you must ask) plus huge rebates on 2008's. This is a great time to be in the market. Kids love it and can't wait to take it anywhere. Kia Sedona is the best value for the money on the market today.

second time around
By Allison Jones on 09/22/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Sedona. I had a 2004 model and traded it due to high miles for a new cross-over. Big mistake! After the first week I wanted my Sedona back. I just bought my second Sedona Ex a 2008 model. I already love it! My kids love it. It has an even better look and the inside is even more comfortable. I love all the storage space it offers .I feel confident I will be driving it for many years to come. It keeps getting better and better.

More than expected
By Jeff733 on 09/20/08 13:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Why buy one of those Japanese brands, when you have equal quality, less the damage to your checking acct. This car has blown my wife and I away (plus 2 kids). We traded '04 xterra and are pleased with our decision. We have a fully loaded EX, Black, leather int, ALL packages. We went to see it and were surprised at the luxury the Sedona has; the standards and extras were bonus. I can't imagine what car an negative reviewers drove, but this car is mostly quiet, smooth, and Fast! The sports mode, "stick-shift", adds to the fun! plenty of room, great visibility, great handling. Very nice! why bother with the Japanese high priced vans?

Outstanding Van for an Outstanding Price
By GVGiant on 07/02/08 22:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the Sedona mostly because of price - it already was at the top end of what I could afford. But having at least comparison shopped the other vans, and having driven it now for a few months, you will not do better at any price. The look of the new Chrysler is downright repulsive, and you have to spend thousands of dollars extra to get the only competitive powertrain of the bunch. The Toyota is priced hopelessly high, the Nissan has given too many people trouble, and our local Honda dealers do not have good reputations. But even without all of that, there is nothing this van lacks. It gets far better mileage than my last one as well. Maybe THE best value in the industry.

Great Van, Great value
By acher on 06/11/08 20:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a new Kia Sedona ex with all the bells and whistles. The more I drive the Sedona the more I love it. Jd power rates the quality better than Honda Odyssey. I've done a lot of research before I purchased the Kia. You are not going to find a better van which is safer, great value for the dollar than the Sedona. Plus the sports triptronic transmission is a nice feature. The Sedona also puts out 250 horse power, giving it a lot of power for a minivan. Gas mileage is on par with toy/Honda. The interior is very nice in leather with the heated seats, dvd player, sunroof, automatic door opener, abs, ets system, 5 star crash rating and the list goes on. Plus a great 10 yr warranty.

Best Van We've Ever Had!
By workinmom on 06/08/08 22:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We do a lot of family driving and think we know mini-vans pretty well. We have owned Dodge, Chrysler & Chevy Mini-vans and when it was time to replace our last thought we really did our homework! One of our neighbors recently got a beautiful looking van so we while talking to them we discovered it was a KIA. They loved it and bragged on about it. So we did even more homework and found we could get everything we wanted and save 4 to 6 thousand over Honda & Toyota! And that 10 Year Factory Warranty was more than twice that of the others. It became a no brainer for us. We love our new KIA Sedona.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Kia Sedona Minivan in NJ is:

$182 per month*