2008 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
Great Van
By TPoston on 06/13/09 06:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We drove a rented Sedona in 2008 to Florida. Good van for long trips and we were impressed. We kept waiting for a 2008 with a few miles on it to become available. Finally did in May and we snatched it up. Bought the van for a little over $15K with 11K miles on it. Pick up is as good as my 2006 Monte Carlo. Great ride and comfortable as I am 5'3". The only complaint is no MP3 jack and the stereo really needs to be better quality. Got used to RDS display on the Monte Carlo and miss it. Other than the radio, it's been great for hauling my german shepherd and my toddler granddaughter. Also there's no outside temperature guage which i find odd.

When I can start it, I'll review it
By buggrrl on 06/01/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My 2008 Sedona was purchased new less than a month ago and has fewer than 500 miles on it. It is in the shop now for the second time because the battery goes dead 4 times, requiring roadside assistance each time, and has been there for 5 days now without a diagnosis. I truly love driving this van, but am starting to think I made a huge mistake purchasing it. I haven't even received my license plates yet and it's been in the shop 6 days already! Thankfully, the dealer is a gem and doing everything they can to help me.

Great buy for your money
By Elle on 05/18/09 17:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We're expecting twins next month and couldn't avoid the inevitable minivan purchase (2 carseats in a Sentra just wouldn't cut it!). My father was the one who steered me towards a Kia based soley on its reviews and warranty. I test drove all the major brands and to my surprise, the Kia stood far out in my opinion. You get a LOT for your money (especially with the rebates) and it's actually comfortable to drive. Some of the vans out there seriously make you feel like you're driving a bus! I would recommend the Kia Sedona to anyone looking for a minivan, even recommend the brand to anyone just looking for a car! I was always a Nissan person, but I'm glad I opened my eyes to Kia.

Not worth having
By Marty on 05/14/09 22:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We got this vehicle. I wished we hadent. The dealer didn't tell us that it would only get 14 miles to a gallon. The sticker says over 21 mpg. He didn't tell us that we had to pay $300.00 to get it servaced at 30,000. It keeps on dieing on us. So please spread the word don't buy kia.

Sedona Rocks
By Bill on 04/26/09 22:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Rented a car in may 2007, was upgraded free to 2008 kia sedona for a week. best test drive ever. Wife fell in love with van. Finally in the market to purchase a vehicle March 2009, Sedona only one came to mind. Love everything about sedona. Engine same size as the 98 z34 monte carlo, V6 3.8l. nice acceleration and handling. My wife and I argue over who gets to drive when we go places now.

Two months and counting
By GLJOD on 04/21/09 13:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Previously had 3 Chrysler Mini Vans but 5 transmissions so time for a change. The 5K rebate got me. So far the van is fine. Mileage seemed to be as issue with many but I am very happy with mine so far (2000 miles). 18 in the city and 24-25 on the thruway which is better than expected.

Excellent Value
By Hskr on 04/05/09 10:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought with the Luxury package. Everything but DVD. Fully loaded at the price ($20K) of most competitive models that were 2 years old. With warranty, roadside, etc, hard to go wrong.

Good Price, LT reliability TBD
By NYC on 04/01/09 18:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Sedona is a lower initial cost minivan vs. competition. The 10yr/100K warranty provides some insurance if you are concerned about Kia's long term reliability. The Sedona is a great family minivan; functional. Very powerful engine, smooth drive, shifts well. You can buy a new 2008 LX for under $16K with negiotiating. I drove Honda's for years, still do, but the Sedona pricing was too good to pass up. I need to have $7K in repairs to break even with purchasing a Honda or Toyota. Great value.

NEW 08 LX SEDONA $16,900
By mark on 03/18/09 13:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

You kidding me? this van rocks. Safety, roomy, has it all, drives like a champ. A new van like this for under 17k? Bought the leftover 08 with 30 miles on it. I cant understand how anyone cannot buy this van for the price. I think its BETTER than the 30k hondas etc.Lokks great, feels great, and you just feel safe and confident.

I Love It But........
By Kirstin on 03/16/09 21:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

It has great "get up and go", which I wasn't expecting in a vehicle this size. There is storage galore, all seats are easily reclined, folded, tumbled, removed, etc. Very sharp/sporty looking exterior, especially with the roof racks. Now for the "buts", which are only 2 so far: About 25 minutes into our drive home from the dealer, we noticed a rattle, or vibration in both the sliding doors which got worse and worse. By the time we got home an hour later, the rattle was pretty much constant, even over bumps as small as seams in the pavement, and sewer lids. We're going back to the dealer tomorrow for that, and because the cd player doesn't work, which probably just means a new stereo.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.