Used 2008 Kia Sedona Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Very Noisy Cabin
By R.S.

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The ride is rigid and the cabin is extremely noisy (unlike other reviews seen here). Other than that it is a decent, practical vehicle but is is hard to get past the noise.

Quieter and needs a better console design

Surprisingly Great Vehicle
By Tom

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the new 2008 Kia Sedona in June 2009 and got an excellent deal. My wife and I were skeptical about a "foreign" minivan until we test drove it. We got the EX for the leather seats and other upgrades. As our first "foreign" vehicle, the car exceeded our expectations. Acceleration is excellent, interior fit and finish outstanding. Gas mileage could be better but since we only travel 5000 miles per year, it's not a problem. Interior cargo space is plentiful. We almost bought a Town & Country prior to test driving the Kia and we made a great decision. We hope Kia continues to produce excellent vehicles.

Comfortable seats (leather), smooth ride, quiet interior, cargo volume, acceleration.

Better gas mileage; more safety features (blind spot warning, etc.; better audio system

SOLID & ZIPPY FAMILY RIDE
By Holly

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was the happy driver of a '06 Dodge Grand Caravan that was hit. I was torn on what to replace it with. Narrowed it down to an '08 Dodge Grand and the '08 Kia Sedona. I'm glad we chose the Kia. It has been a good, sturdy vehicle. We have five children and do a lot of "hauling" and have been very pleased with it's performance. One thing has gone wrong so far. (Pedal accelerator sensor went out - covered by warranty. No questions asked.) It has plenty of power. Decent gas milage. Comfy seats. Nice controls. Three minor complaints: 1. Front seat does not quite go back far enough. 1" more would be great. (Hubby & I are both 5'10") 2. Stereo sounds like it is AM 3. Shimmy when breaking.

Warranty!!, side-curtain air bags, safety ratings, comfy seats, easy instrument controls, cargo space, fold down back seats, nice exterior look to the car, able to drive 24/7 with headlights on (lights turn off when you remove key - no dead battery), solid doors, good use of storage space.

Allow driver's seat to move back additional 1-2", give a decent stereo, smooth out the breaking, make cargo organizer (for very back) with lid STANDARD.

Love it
By Paul Erickson

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced our 1997 Grand Caravan with the '08 Sedona. Looked at the newer Chrysler mini-vans, and they are truly dreadful (that's why we kept the '97 for so long.) Thought I would have to spend $$$ for Honda or Toyota, but I am very happy with the Sedona. I have never checked fuel economy. I drive it 1 mile to the train station for commuting, otherwise use it to carry lots of people and big things. So fuel economy does not matter much for this vehicle.

POWER! You have to be careful not to burn rubber, which is embarrassing behavior for a mini-van (even though it is red.) ALL seats are comfortable. Extra deep space behind the 3rd row seats, which fold down easily.

The removable 2nd row seats are tricky. Took a few tries to figure out how to remove them. Rear doors are very hard to open, from the inside as well as the outside. While this helps develop upper body strength, that was not the plan.

Worth the price !
By Phil533

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We now own two 2008 Kia Sedona's and you can't beat them for the price and value. My relatives own Honda Odyssey's and while they are slightly better mini vans, I don't feel they are worth the price difference. The Sedonas are fun to drive, are loaded with safety features and a great value for the money. My only question will be long term reliability.

Great safety features, great acceleration, tons of room.

None needed.