2008 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
service is as important
By A'lani(BrightHeaven) on 01/24/10 19:50 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I made a cost effective purchased Nov. 2008. And until Jan. 2010 driving Sedona LX with get up and go on freeways and hills were more than expected. Jan. 2010 Alternator stop working but with excellant warranty and service I was back in my Sedona in a week. My sisters new car (other brand) had problems within a month. Shortly after purchasing my Sedona I was viewing it from a restaurant window against other vehicles and noticed how really impressive looking (color=white) it really is.

Rocket Van!
By DrJones on 01/02/10 12:52 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

1st time van owner. Plenty of room, I actually enjoy pulling out the captain seats to vacuum it out cuz it's huge in there! Easy to back into parking spaces, good visibility, big tires, stable ride. A/C and vent controls and rear passenger vents are way nice, front split temp controls are cool. I love how this car gets up to speed so quickly, I mean, I am ultra confident getting onto the freeway. Transmission shifter is nice on hills, although I don't often have to lock into gears. Easy cruise controls, nicest ones I've used. Nice sounding horn also, not a whimpy "beep", but a nice rich sounding honk!

Now that it's fixed, I love it
By irritatrux on 10/16/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I had trouble with my Sedona when new; the battery kept draining. It took the dealer awhile to find the problem (a computer module wasn't connected tightly), but they were so helpful, and KIA even called me a couple times during the repair without me asking for their help. I was impressed with their customer service; it made an annoying issue easier to deal with. Once that little problem was solved, the van has been a dream. I took it on an 1800 mile trip last month, and it performed flawlessly and was so relaxing to drive. Normally that kind of trip tires me out, but the driving comfort is so great that I was able to drive lots further in a day than normal. I can't wait to take more trips.

beware......................
By bb on 09/24/09 15:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Sedona has most of the equipment that is expected. Can haul a lot of stuff and has a lot of room. However, it has a vibration in the front end that makes this vehicle a big dissapointment. Tires have all been changed out however vibration remains. I think KIA needs to address issues like this unless they do not care if they retain customers.....BEWARE...JUST A HEADS UP..........

Minivan vs Suburban
By Mrs. M on 09/05/09 15:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We've always had SUV's since we started our family. But decided to downsize from our 07 Suburban to this minivan. I was kinda sad b/c the Suburban looked "cooler" but WOW! I love this car and so does my husband. We have 4 small children and the Sedona is hands down the most convenient and comfortable auto we've had. I love almost everything about it. Almost. There are only a couple things to bring up. The interior cloth is cheap looking. Wish we got the leather. And although it seats 7,if you have to seat 5 kids I wouldn't recommend this car for you. The back bench seat is narrow so 3 kids in the back is tight. And the poor kid who has the middle gets an uncomfortable seatbelt

Love Kia
By maryhelpful on 08/17/09 04:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My recent Sedona is my second one. I love the Kia. It takes care of my family of five and beyond normal servicing, I rarely have taken it to the dealership.

Very Happy With Purchase
By like_it! on 07/22/09 21:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We've been driving our new vehicle for over a month. I am very pleased with our new '08 Kia Sedona EX (has power doors/power gate). We got a good deal, I think, being a 2008 model (paid 18.7K). It has been working great, drives well, works perfectly. It gets decent highway gas mileage (23.5 or better hwy). The middle seats are so comfortable; much better than stow-n-go seats. I love that the middle windows roll down, but I guess most minivans have that feature these days. CON: The driver's seat arm rest is too low. I can tilt the arm rest up and use it, but I wish I could actually raise the whole arm rest. Same with the front passenger arm rest.

Great Value
By Bigboy on 07/15/09 18:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Had owned 3 other minivans, wife wanted another despite kids being much older. Shopped around a fair bit have always owned NA, decided to look at alternatives. Most features for the least amount of money. Great ride, lots of room. Gas mileage is not much different than was claimed 17.9 mpg combined over the last 8 months.

FIRST NEW CAR THAT I OWNED
By susan on 06/28/09 13:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have always love the KIA and that was the only car I wanted we went to the dealer and I love it. I have blue and would not trade it for anything.

Great Minivan!
By twinsmom9895 on 06/27/09 18:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2002 Sedona with 175,000 miles on it, that I just traded in to purchase my 2008 Sedona. I loved my 2002, and find that my 2008 is as good if not better!! It's very versatile, comfortable and a great deal for the money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.