Used 2008 Kia Sedona Minivan Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Best van I have ever owned.
By Jerry

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Best seats and ride. I can drive 350 miles and my back doesn't hurt. I am 82 years old! The controls are very convenient. All in all this is the best vehicle I have ever owned and I have had many.
Minnesota owner.

VERY Glitchy Electronics, very good Driving
By Kris S.....

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Headlights keep blowing due to faulty connectors to bulbs, power doors open/won't open randomly, 2-driver auto seat controls are a fantastic idea with horribly failed execution. I'm tall and the car randomly squishes me up to my short wife's positions and I have to readjust EVERY part of seat position and mirror settings. Memory seat setting buttons forget the settings. CD player died (after 8 years). All that said, the driving experience is great, good power and road feel for a vehicle this size. Seats (esp 6-way power driver's) are very comfortable. Easily carries 2 bikes and gear to races w 4 people. Crams in 4 bikes and people with more bike dissasembly. Goes fine in snow w good tires. Great veh for long family trips or short hauls w lots of stuff. NO problems at all with the OEM sunroof. A/C and heat are both really good. Love the heated seats. At 116k miles now my mechanic says it needs a new steering rack (leaking) and power steering pump (killed by leaking steering rack.) Over $2,000 repair bill. Yikes. I don't recall the price we paid, but do remember we saved thousands over Honda and Toyota competing versions.

Best Minivan we've owned
By CAS

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This thing really moves. The double power sliding doors, and the stow and go seating has been awesome. We bought ours with 58k miles, and we've put on 11k. So far not a hint of troubles. We've had a five vans in our child raising years, and this one blows the others out of the water.

Not comfortable
By clhughart

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

In 2012 we purchased a 2008 Sedona with 65,000 miles to replace a 92 Plmouth Voyager that had 210,000 miles.
The Sedona handled much better and had lots of power compared to the Plymouth.
Our Sedona had non-power cloth seats; my back would hurt after about an hour and my wife complained about her legs hurting.
We sold the Sedona after owning for three months.
First time I've had a vehicle for such a short period of time.
Also, the carpet was sort of like that trunk carpet where you can't hardly sweep anything out of it (sand/grass/etc.).
The doors would easily freeze shut in the cold, and the interior trim just didn't look like it was gong to hold up as well as the Plymouth did.

Handled very well and very powerful. Had decent gas mileage (low 20's). Very nice looking van. Back seat folded away easily.

Seats; headrest was too far foward and something about the entire seat was just not comfortable. Better carpet. Middle bucket seats were hard to remove. Could not put a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood in it due to the way the door opening was designed.

KIA Not Loyal to Me
By jarhead6591

2008 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a brand new '08 KIA Sedona EX, with all the bells and whistles (leather heated seats, adjustable pedals, sunroof, DVD system, etc., except navigation).
We had an '06 Sedona LX that we liked and I figured we'd go for top of the line.
Don't get me wrong, we love our EX, but will never buy another KAI again; no trade-in or resale value.
We average 20 miles to the gallon, combined city and highway, but wanted something better on the gas.
We checked into the KIA Sorento, really liked it and it gets excellent gas mileage with the 2.4L GDI engine.
When I asked what I could get for a trade-in, I was told $13,000.
My best advice...check resale values before you buy your next new car.

We love everything about our Sedona, except the trade-in/resale value and the MPG. The service department at the KIA dealership is friendly and they always go the extra mile. Now that the kids are all grown, we don't need as much room.

I suggest the folks at Black Book and Kelley Blue Book rethink the trade-in and resale values on the KIA Sedona. They are excellent minivans and comparable to if not better than Toyota and Honda. The 3.8L engine is powerful and reliable. The Sedona offers plenty of room and comfort for long road trips and is easy to get in and out. And it has an excellent safety rating to boot. I have never seen one broke down along the side of the road. 10 year/100,000 mile warranty tells me they are very sure of thier power train, not Honda or Toyota.