2008 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
KIA Not Loyal to Me
By jarhead6591 on 01/14/12 15:36 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a brand new '08 KIA Sedona EX, with all the bells and whistles (leather heated seats, adjustable pedals, sunroof, DVD system, etc., except navigation). We had an '06 Sedona LX that we liked and I figured we'd go for top of the line. Don't get me wrong, we love our EX, but will never buy another KAI again; no trade-in or resale value. We average 20 miles to the gallon, combined city and highway, but wanted something better on the gas. We checked into the KIA Sorento, really liked it and it gets excellent gas mileage with the 2.4L GDI engine. When I asked what I could get for a trade-in, I was told $13,000. My best advice...check resale values before you buy your next new car.

Surprisingly Great Vehicle
By Tom on 05/31/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the new 2008 Kia Sedona in June 2009 and got an excellent deal. My wife and I were skeptical about a "foreign" minivan until we test drove it. We got the EX for the leather seats and other upgrades. As our first "foreign" vehicle, the car exceeded our expectations. Acceleration is excellent, interior fit and finish outstanding. Gas mileage could be better but since we only travel 5000 miles per year, it's not a problem. Interior cargo space is plentiful. We almost bought a Town & Country prior to test driving the Kia and we made a great decision. We hope Kia continues to produce excellent vehicles.

Now that it's fixed, I love it
By irritatrux on 10/16/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I had trouble with my Sedona when new; the battery kept draining. It took the dealer awhile to find the problem (a computer module wasn't connected tightly), but they were so helpful, and KIA even called me a couple times during the repair without me asking for their help. I was impressed with their customer service; it made an annoying issue easier to deal with. Once that little problem was solved, the van has been a dream. I took it on an 1800 mile trip last month, and it performed flawlessly and was so relaxing to drive. Normally that kind of trip tires me out, but the driving comfort is so great that I was able to drive lots further in a day than normal. I can't wait to take more trips.

Minivan vs Suburban
By Mrs. M on 09/05/09 15:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We've always had SUV's since we started our family. But decided to downsize from our 07 Suburban to this minivan. I was kinda sad b/c the Suburban looked "cooler" but WOW! I love this car and so does my husband. We have 4 small children and the Sedona is hands down the most convenient and comfortable auto we've had. I love almost everything about it. Almost. There are only a couple things to bring up. The interior cloth is cheap looking. Wish we got the leather. And although it seats 7,if you have to seat 5 kids I wouldn't recommend this car for you. The back bench seat is narrow so 3 kids in the back is tight. And the poor kid who has the middle gets an uncomfortable seatbelt

Love Kia
By maryhelpful on 08/17/09 04:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My recent Sedona is my second one. I love the Kia. It takes care of my family of five and beyond normal servicing, I rarely have taken it to the dealership.

Very Happy With Purchase
By like_it! on 07/22/09 21:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We've been driving our new vehicle for over a month. I am very pleased with our new '08 Kia Sedona EX (has power doors/power gate). We got a good deal, I think, being a 2008 model (paid 18.7K). It has been working great, drives well, works perfectly. It gets decent highway gas mileage (23.5 or better hwy). The middle seats are so comfortable; much better than stow-n-go seats. I love that the middle windows roll down, but I guess most minivans have that feature these days. CON: The driver's seat arm rest is too low. I can tilt the arm rest up and use it, but I wish I could actually raise the whole arm rest. Same with the front passenger arm rest.

FIRST NEW CAR THAT I OWNED
By susan on 06/28/09 13:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have always love the KIA and that was the only car I wanted we went to the dealer and I love it. I have blue and would not trade it for anything.

When I can start it, I'll review it
By buggrrl on 06/01/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My 2008 Sedona was purchased new less than a month ago and has fewer than 500 miles on it. It is in the shop now for the second time because the battery goes dead 4 times, requiring roadside assistance each time, and has been there for 5 days now without a diagnosis. I truly love driving this van, but am starting to think I made a huge mistake purchasing it. I haven't even received my license plates yet and it's been in the shop 6 days already! Thankfully, the dealer is a gem and doing everything they can to help me.

Two months and counting
By GLJOD on 04/21/09 13:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Previously had 3 Chrysler Mini Vans but 5 transmissions so time for a change. The 5K rebate got me. So far the van is fine. Mileage seemed to be as issue with many but I am very happy with mine so far (2000 miles). 18 in the city and 24-25 on the thruway which is better than expected.

Excellent Value
By Hskr on 04/05/09 10:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought with the Luxury package. Everything but DVD. Fully loaded at the price ($20K) of most competitive models that were 2 years old. With warranty, roadside, etc, hard to go wrong.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.