2008 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
Not comfortable
By clhughart on 01/16/13 12:15 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

In 2012 we purchased a 2008 Sedona with 65,000 miles to replace a 92 Plmouth Voyager that had 210,000 miles. The Sedona handled much better and had lots of power compared to the Plymouth. Our Sedona had non-power cloth seats; my back would hurt after about an hour and my wife complained about her legs hurting. We sold the Sedona after owning for three months. First time I've had a vehicle for such a short period of time. Also, the carpet was sort of like that trunk carpet where you can't hardly sweep anything out of it (sand/grass/etc.). The doors would easily freeze shut in the cold, and the interior trim just didn't look like it was gong to hold up as well as the Plymouth did.

KIA Not Loyal to Me
By jarhead6591 on 01/14/12 15:36 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a brand new '08 KIA Sedona EX, with all the bells and whistles (leather heated seats, adjustable pedals, sunroof, DVD system, etc., except navigation). We had an '06 Sedona LX that we liked and I figured we'd go for top of the line. Don't get me wrong, we love our EX, but will never buy another KAI again; no trade-in or resale value. We average 20 miles to the gallon, combined city and highway, but wanted something better on the gas. We checked into the KIA Sorento, really liked it and it gets excellent gas mileage with the 2.4L GDI engine. When I asked what I could get for a trade-in, I was told $13,000. My best advice...check resale values before you buy your next new car.

Very good value used
By wildkard58 on 11/21/11 11:51 AM (PST)

2008 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2008 Kia Sedona LX (no options) in November 2011 for $12,600 CDN. The car had 38,000 kms on it with full bumper to bumper warranty until September 2013. I've had it for 17 days now with 1,000 kms put in. The V6 engine is the same as the Hyundai Genesis' V6 - smooth with plenty of power. The Sedona is a very good highway cruiser: quiet, comfortable and decent gas consumption. In the city, the suspension will tell you every bump in the road. It doesn't handle as well as it's competitors but that's not saying that the Sedona handles poorly. It is car like in handling but not as good as it's competitors. Base LX model is pretty loaded. Very good minivan for your money.

Kia Got it Right
By Damned_Right on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The soccer mom meme doesn't apply. There's nothing "mini" about this van. It is as solid a beast as any pick-up truck, IMO. The versatility is amazing, converting it from a hauler w/ the rear seats down and the mid seats folded fwd, to a comfortable transport for seven. Everything is where it needs to be - cup holders, nooks, comfortable seating & decent mileage. My only gripe is AM radio reception which is limited to only local broadcasts - no distant stations can be rec'd where any other radio would, easily. Not sure if this is just my Sedona doing this, or others have similar issues.. Would be curious to know, if it can be fixed. Note the newer Sedonas no longer use in-glass antennas.

Trip Car
By Colorado Mountaineer on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We selected the Kia over other makes result of maintenance reviews. Our 2008 Sedona has 39,000 ( used)is a great van with plenty of space and lots of comfort for our family. Took road trip of 3.000 traveled wonderful. 25 mpg on road. Easy to drive and plenty of pep. The seats are very adjustable with good support. Lots of storage in cabin and rear of two back seats. Air and heat in compartment very good and door windows give lots of air inside.

Very Noisy Cabin
By R.S. on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The ride is rigid and the cabin is extremely noisy (unlike other reviews seen here). Other than that it is a decent, practical vehicle but is is hard to get past the noise.

Surprisingly Great Vehicle
By Tom on 05/31/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the new 2008 Kia Sedona in June 2009 and got an excellent deal. My wife and I were skeptical about a "foreign" minivan until we test drove it. We got the EX for the leather seats and other upgrades. As our first "foreign" vehicle, the car exceeded our expectations. Acceleration is excellent, interior fit and finish outstanding. Gas mileage could be better but since we only travel 5000 miles per year, it's not a problem. Interior cargo space is plentiful. We almost bought a Town & Country prior to test driving the Kia and we made a great decision. We hope Kia continues to produce excellent vehicles.

SOLID & ZIPPY FAMILY RIDE
By Holly on 05/13/10 06:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was the happy driver of a '06 Dodge Grand Caravan that was hit. I was torn on what to replace it with. Narrowed it down to an '08 Dodge Grand and the '08 Kia Sedona. I'm glad we chose the Kia. It has been a good, sturdy vehicle. We have five children and do a lot of "hauling" and have been very pleased with it's performance. One thing has gone wrong so far. (Pedal accelerator sensor went out - covered by warranty. No questions asked.) It has plenty of power. Decent gas milage. Comfy seats. Nice controls. Three minor complaints: 1. Front seat does not quite go back far enough. 1" more would be great. (Hubby & I are both 5'10") 2. Stereo sounds like it is AM 3. Shimmy when breaking.

Love it
By Paul Erickson on 02/28/10 12:23 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced our 1997 Grand Caravan with the '08 Sedona. Looked at the newer Chrysler mini-vans, and they are truly dreadful (that's why we kept the '97 for so long.) Thought I would have to spend $$$ for Honda or Toyota, but I am very happy with the Sedona. I have never checked fuel economy. I drive it 1 mile to the train station for commuting, otherwise use it to carry lots of people and big things. So fuel economy does not matter much for this vehicle.

Worth the price !
By Phil533 on 01/30/10 13:16 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We now own two 2008 Kia Sedona's and you can't beat them for the price and value. My relatives own Honda Odyssey's and while they are slightly better mini vans, I don't feel they are worth the price difference. The Sedonas are fun to drive, are loaded with safety features and a great value for the money. My only question will be long term reliability.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.