Don't regret the purchase but would not buy another one
By apennysaved1 on
2007 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)
I own a 2007 KIA Sedona LX. I purchased the car used in late 2009. It had 37,000 miles at time of purchase and was a good value for the money. The good points about this car: it drives smoothly, has a lot of power, is very roomy and comfortable, incredibly safe with electronic stability control, 8 airbags, ABS, and I like the look of it. The gas mileage isn't bad for city driving. I get about 20 mpg in the city. However, I've had some big issues with this car that would really make me think twice about getting another one. The transmission needed to be replaced at 88000 miles. I was stunned that the transmission died so quickly.
Favorite Features
Drives smoothly, has a lot of power, very roomy and comfortable, lots of safety features, decent gas mileage for a minivan. Nice look.
Suggested Improvements
The transmission needed to be replaced at 88,000 miles. This would never happen in a Toyota. I've owned a Toyota and Mazda and both vehicles had well over 100,000 miles and the transmissions worked beautifully. In my opinion, KIA needs to focus on what's under the hood. The warranty I got was for 60,000 miles so no good when the transmission died. I don't think you can make up for low quality under the hood with a good warranty. The power sliding doors gave me enormous problems when I first bought the vehicle. I've had to replace the battery twice in 4 years of ownership. The rack and pinion steering will also need to be fixed shortly. Would not have happened in Toyota or Honda.