Used 2007 Kia Sedona Minivan Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

One of the best autos I have ever owned
By Dave

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this used in 2008 it had 47000 mile on it. The dealer gave me a lifetime repair on drive train I also bought a extended service plan. Fuel millage is 25 in town 36 highway performance is unbelievable. I own a garage at 98000 I had to replace a belt idler and front struts and the extended repair plan paid me to repair it. We now have 177000 on it and I have replace the spark plugs and did many oil change and trans service 4 sets of brakes and tires I change at 40,000 so my wife is safe. This is the most trouble free auto I have ever had except for a Ford truck I just sole at 730,000 mile and a 86 Ford truck I put 3 engine in and it is now 1.5 million miles it has been used to tow race trucks since I bought it in 1996. This KIA is right there with these 2 trucks except the Kia is a lot better on fuel and ride witch it should be. When this one were out we will buy another Kia now doubt.

111,786 and rolling
By Semaj Ricks

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it used, it has over 111,000 miles on it... only 1 issue, fuel economy is just OK.... avg 17mpg.

Otherwise, drives like it's still new,

nothing but problems
By tyler37

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

good performance. poor build quality

performance

doors are junk and car is not reliable.

Don't regret the purchase but would not buy another one
By apennysaved1

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2007 KIA Sedona LX.
I purchased the car used in late 2009.
It had 37,000 miles at time of purchase and was a good value for the money.
The good points about this car:
it drives smoothly, has a lot of power, is very roomy and comfortable, incredibly safe with electronic stability control, 8 airbags, ABS, and I like the look of it.
The gas mileage isn't bad for city driving.
I get about 20 mpg in the city.
However, I've had some big issues with this car that would really make me think twice about getting another one.
The transmission needed to be replaced at 88000 miles.
I was stunned that the transmission died so quickly.

Drives smoothly, has a lot of power, very roomy and comfortable, lots of safety features, decent gas mileage for a minivan. Nice look.

The transmission needed to be replaced at 88,000 miles. This would never happen in a Toyota. I've owned a Toyota and Mazda and both vehicles had well over 100,000 miles and the transmissions worked beautifully. In my opinion, KIA needs to focus on what's under the hood. The warranty I got was for 60,000 miles so no good when the transmission died. I don't think you can make up for low quality under the hood with a good warranty. The power sliding doors gave me enormous problems when I first bought the vehicle. I've had to replace the battery twice in 4 years of ownership. The rack and pinion steering will also need to be fixed shortly. Would not have happened in Toyota or Honda.

Battery dies due to factory draw
By mandalyn

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2007 Kia Sedona LX. I have had it since Nov if 2009. I m replacing my battery every six month due to the fact that the vehicle has a draw and has had since the day I bought it.. It was under warranty and I have taken it there complaining about this problem. I was told that when they test my charging system it has the normal factory draw. I took it there again and was told it is working fine and not to return. They made me feel crazy.I have been fighting this problem for 4 years. Upon talking to others with this same year they also have the same problem. KIA won't fix it, it is a factory problem. Don't buy a sedona

I love all about this van, but it leaves me stranded often due to the battery dying and having to replace it every 6 months

Kia needs to figure this out a put out a recall