2007 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
nothing but problems
By tyler37 on 06/10/14 08:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

good performance. poor build quality

Don't regret the purchase but would not buy another one
By apennysaved1 on 02/20/14 08:46 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2007 KIA Sedona LX. I purchased the car used in late 2009. It had 37,000 miles at time of purchase and was a good value for the money. The good points about this car: it drives smoothly, has a lot of power, is very roomy and comfortable, incredibly safe with electronic stability control, 8 airbags, ABS, and I like the look of it. The gas mileage isn't bad for city driving. I get about 20 mpg in the city. However, I've had some big issues with this car that would really make me think twice about getting another one. The transmission needed to be replaced at 88000 miles. I was stunned that the transmission died so quickly.

Battery dies due to factory draw
By mandalyn on 12/15/13 21:55 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2007 Kia Sedona LX. I have had it since Nov if 2009. I m replacing my battery every six month due to the fact that the vehicle has a draw and has had since the day I bought it.. It was under warranty and I have taken it there complaining about this problem. I was told that when they test my charging system it has the normal factory draw. I took it there again and was told it is working fine and not to return. They made me feel crazy.I have been fighting this problem for 4 years. Upon talking to others with this same year they also have the same problem. KIA won't fix it, it is a factory problem. Don't buy a sedona

Unexpected "BEST PERFORMANCE" and Smooth Drive
By jbburn on 01/11/13 20:48 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My family loves this van! I do a lot of driving - simply as routine, and long trip Chicago-Tulsa every month. This mini van is one the best and reliable vehicles I have had (Dodge Grand Caravan, Toyota Sienna) It's comfortable, rides smooth and looks great too. Infinity Sound system, Rear DVD is great feature. The only annoyance has been the engine light @ Gas re-fill and rear sliding doors trouble when the weather gets cold outside. I have had 37,000 miles in 15 months already. No problems from this vehicle, nothing negative in my eyes about it. Love it and would definitely recommend

never buy again
By prettylady on 09/01/11 18:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a Kia van in 2002 the first one they made it was ok I drove it every day. The 2007 does not add up. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER KIA of any kind. You never see them rated with the best cars to buy. I like the exterior the look of it the paint job last for 2 years, the engine light come on in all of them. I have several friend with kia cars and the engine light can on in every ones car I new. kia will not help you with the complaint you have about there cars.

Automatic Door Issues
By maememories24 on 08/13/11 11:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the van used in Dec 2010 with 25K on it. Two days after we drove it home it was back in the shop for issues with the hatch not closing, come to find out there was a recall on it. Two weeks later it was back at the dealer for issues with the sliding doors not closing and jamming up. We have now had the vehicle 8 months and from May - August it has been at the dealer WEEKLY for the same door issues. They can not seem to fix it and when they say they do you no sooner get home and the doors do the same thing. The passenger side door has actually opened up while in drive! Be very cautious when purchasing this vehicle. I will go back to my trusty Honda, I gave Kia a try and they failed.

Objective review of my '07 Sedona
By Excellent vehicle on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this van used with 10,000 miles on it. We got it for a great price because the resale value of the Kia Sedona is comparatively one of the lowest of any vehicle. It is very roomy and comfortable, and drives and handles extremely well. It is perfect for long trips, and I average between 24-25 mpg on the highway. There are no mechanical issues. On the bad side, our main complaint is that the suspension sounds like creaky old bed springs when you go over a slight bump, and this is not a warranty item. The materials quality both inside and out is not on par with Japanese rivals. The dashboard is fading in some spots and the leather is showing wear spots on the passenger seat.

Nice Smooth Van Lacks some comfort
By Prsnlty on 08/10/10 00:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've only owned this van 1 month. Great van overall but has a few problems. Rear hatch door leaks during heavy rain. Rattle in rear and windows rattle. Stereo should be better for standard issue. Had a Mazda MPV - trans went so I bought this van. Love it's handling. But slow from go, super fast and smooth passing. Crappy gas mileage compared to my Mazda of more weight. Hate the drivers seat adjustments. I'm short and you can't lower the front of the seat so on long rides my legs fall asleep. The wheel rims make the van look cheap even though it's a beautiful looking car. Hazard button is right under stereo controls, they turn on often! Love the safety features! Buying EX model next time.

Engine Light
By jacques on 07/09/10 18:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Only problem we have is the engine light that keeps blinking (three times already), and every time you need to drive it to your dealership or get it towed (once). Had the same problem with the sliding doors in very cold weather. Can't find air bags for the rear end! Do you know anyone who has installed some? Thanks

Has been great for us
By Deanne on 07/07/10 07:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We love our Kia Sedona van. It handles well and is very comfortable...granted it has a bunch of bells and whistles. We have had relatively few problems and if I were to purchase a van again...it would be a Sedona. The gas mileage in town is not great but I like it on the highway. I especially like the tire monitoring system, the back seat folding down, the back windows able to go down and how much power I feel I have versus our Grand Caravan we had prior to this.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.