2007 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
nothing but problems
By tyler37 on 06/10/14 08:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

good performance. poor build quality

Unexpected "BEST PERFORMANCE" and Smooth Drive
By jbburn on 01/11/13 20:48 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My family loves this van! I do a lot of driving - simply as routine, and long trip Chicago-Tulsa every month. This mini van is one the best and reliable vehicles I have had (Dodge Grand Caravan, Toyota Sienna) It's comfortable, rides smooth and looks great too. Infinity Sound system, Rear DVD is great feature. The only annoyance has been the engine light @ Gas re-fill and rear sliding doors trouble when the weather gets cold outside. I have had 37,000 miles in 15 months already. No problems from this vehicle, nothing negative in my eyes about it. Love it and would definitely recommend

never buy again
By prettylady on 09/01/11 18:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a Kia van in 2002 the first one they made it was ok I drove it every day. The 2007 does not add up. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER KIA of any kind. You never see them rated with the best cars to buy. I like the exterior the look of it the paint job last for 2 years, the engine light come on in all of them. I have several friend with kia cars and the engine light can on in every ones car I new. kia will not help you with the complaint you have about there cars.

Objective review of my '07 Sedona
By Excellent vehicle on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this van used with 10,000 miles on it. We got it for a great price because the resale value of the Kia Sedona is comparatively one of the lowest of any vehicle. It is very roomy and comfortable, and drives and handles extremely well. It is perfect for long trips, and I average between 24-25 mpg on the highway. There are no mechanical issues. On the bad side, our main complaint is that the suspension sounds like creaky old bed springs when you go over a slight bump, and this is not a warranty item. The materials quality both inside and out is not on par with Japanese rivals. The dashboard is fading in some spots and the leather is showing wear spots on the passenger seat.

Has been great for us
By Deanne on 07/07/10 07:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We love our Kia Sedona van. It handles well and is very comfortable...granted it has a bunch of bells and whistles. We have had relatively few problems and if I were to purchase a van again...it would be a Sedona. The gas mileage in town is not great but I like it on the highway. I especially like the tire monitoring system, the back seat folding down, the back windows able to go down and how much power I feel I have versus our Grand Caravan we had prior to this.

Don,t ever buy this Van.
By Laura on 04/29/10 18:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a KIA sedona Ex 2007 model in May, 2008. Lots of electrical problems. Now the whole electrical system failed. No light inside the van. Doors do not open. Air bag light is on. I cannot take this van anywhere reliably. Laura

My first and possibly last
By RJR on 12/30/09 07:55 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The appearance and interior space was a big plus when we purchased our van. However, after only 60K miles I've decided this is my last Kia. In the past I have owned a Jeep Cherokee and a Nissan Quest. I guess once you get use to an automobile that doesn't send you to the shop on a routine basis you get a little spoiled. Our Sedona has sent us to the shop for a loose drivers seat (twice, plastic hardware), a bad seatbelt, constant sqweeking noises in the rear door, airbag, two AC fans, the 'Oh Crap' handle in the passenger seat came out of the roof, the console makes constant noises and now it is making a cracking noise in the front end.

Great Van for the $$
By PhillyJohn on 03/03/09 19:38 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

07 EX with power package (power sliding doors $ liftgate.) We initially wanted an Odessey, but after driving both we went with the Kia becuase of the warranty and price, (A similarly equipped honda was $7K more.)and couldn't be happier. It's has a powerful V6 with a smooth shifting trans and handles well for the weight of the vehicle.(4600lbs.) Fuel economy is outstanding on the highway (24-28 mpg)though it suffers in city driving. 14-17 depending on traffic) I wish we would have opted for the DVD system for the kids. This is a great family vehicle! The only complaint I have is at 20000 miles it has developed a few rattles in the back.

Best overall minivan
By Scott Armstrong on 01/29/09 17:16 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove the Honda, Toyota,and Nissan. The Sedona was always near or at the top of every test I put it through. At roughly 8k less than the others fully loaded it was an easy decision. To this point I have no regrets. The van does everything it needs to do, it does it safely and I would say it's the best family vehicle on the road. For those who value safety the Sedona has the best crash test rating ever for a minivan and has all the active safety equipment standard. For a vehicle this size fuel economy is decent, and power is plentiful.

Not as impressed as others
By b on 10/31/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Leased 2007 Sedona July 2007. 1 week later needed the DVD replaced. Power sliding doors decided to work or not when they felt like it and don't always close securely, sometimes opening back up for no reason and often hearing a crunching sound also. Fuse box needed replaced, no wipers. Tire pressure system often shows all tires are low for no reason. Sunroof leaks. DVD blocks rear mirror when driver's seat is raised. Driver needs to be a contortionist to operate and remove dvds for small children while driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.