Used 2007 Kia Sedona EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Sedona

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

nothing but problems
By tyler37

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

good performance. poor build quality

Favorite Features

performance

Suggested Improvements

doors are junk and car is not reliable.

Unexpected "BEST PERFORMANCE" and Smooth Drive
By jbburn

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My family loves this van! I do a lot of driving - simply as routine, and long trip Chicago-Tulsa every month. This mini van is one the best and reliable vehicles I have had (Dodge Grand Caravan, Toyota Sienna) It's comfortable, rides smooth and looks great too. Infinity Sound system, Rear DVD is great feature. The only annoyance has been the engine light @ Gas re-fill and rear sliding doors trouble when the weather gets cold outside. I have had 37,000 miles in 15 months already. No problems from this vehicle, nothing negative in my eyes about it. Love it and would definitely recommend

Favorite Features

Infinity Sound system, Rear DVD Smooth Drive

never buy again
By prettylady

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a Kia van in 2002 the first one they made it was ok I drove it every day. The 2007 does not add up. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER KIA of any kind. You never see them rated with the best cars to buy. I like the exterior the look of it the paint job last for 2 years, the engine light come on in all of them. I have several friend with kia cars and the engine light can on in every ones car I new. kia will not help you with the complaint you have about there cars.

Favorite Features

the body. I like the way they look the front and back. the engine is good.

Suggested Improvements

paint, check engine light come on, air conditioner

Objective review of my '07 Sedona
By Excellent vehicle

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this van used with 10,000 miles on it. We got it for a great price because the resale value of the Kia Sedona is comparatively one of the lowest of any vehicle. It is very roomy and comfortable, and drives and handles extremely well. It is perfect for long trips, and I average between 24-25 mpg on the highway. There are no mechanical issues. On the bad side, our main complaint is that the suspension sounds like creaky old bed springs when you go over a slight bump, and this is not a warranty item. The materials quality both inside and out is not on par with Japanese rivals. The dashboard is fading in some spots and the leather is showing wear spots on the passenger seat.

Favorite Features

Overall roominess and seat versatility (can either fold up or remove second row), second row windows roll down fully, comfortable driving position, lots of storage, fold down armrests, both a cassette and CD player for audio books, power doors and back gate, rear parking warning sensor.

Suggested Improvements

Improve interior materials and suspension quality. Re-tune transmission for better and faster upshifts. Terrible resale value is a deterrent to purchase of new version.

Has been great for us
By Deanne

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We love our Kia Sedona van. It handles well and is very comfortable...granted it has a bunch of bells and whistles. We have had relatively few problems and if I were to purchase a van again...it would be a Sedona. The gas mileage in town is not great but I like it on the highway. I especially like the tire monitoring system, the back seat folding down, the back windows able to go down and how much power I feel I have versus our Grand Caravan we had prior to this.

Favorite Features

Folding back seat; tire monitoring system; electric seats, windows, doors, sun roof; DVD; "miles to empty" gauge;