Used 2007 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Sedona

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

nothing but problems
By tyler37

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

good performance. poor build quality

Favorite Features

performance

Suggested Improvements

doors are junk and car is not reliable.

Don't regret the purchase but would not buy another one
By apennysaved1

2007 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2007 KIA Sedona LX. I purchased the car used in late 2009. It had 37,000 miles at time of purchase and was a good value for the money. The good points about this car: it drives smoothly, has a lot of power, is very roomy and comfortable, incredibly safe with electronic stability control, 8 airbags, ABS, and I like the look of it. The gas mileage isn't bad for city driving. I get about 20 mpg in the city. However, I've had some big issues with this car that would really make me think twice about getting another one. The transmission needed to be replaced at 88000 miles. I was stunned that the transmission died so quickly.

Favorite Features

Drives smoothly, has a lot of power, very roomy and comfortable, lots of safety features, decent gas mileage for a minivan. Nice look.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission needed to be replaced at 88,000 miles. This would never happen in a Toyota. I've owned a Toyota and Mazda and both vehicles had well over 100,000 miles and the transmissions worked beautifully. In my opinion, KIA needs to focus on what's under the hood. The warranty I got was for 60,000 miles so no good when the transmission died. I don't think you can make up for low quality under the hood with a good warranty. The power sliding doors gave me enormous problems when I first bought the vehicle. I've had to replace the battery twice in 4 years of ownership. The rack and pinion steering will also need to be fixed shortly. Would not have happened in Toyota or Honda.

Battery dies due to factory draw
By mandalyn

2007 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2007 Kia Sedona LX. I have had it since Nov if 2009. I m replacing my battery every six month due to the fact that the vehicle has a draw and has had since the day I bought it.. It was under warranty and I have taken it there complaining about this problem. I was told that when they test my charging system it has the normal factory draw. I took it there again and was told it is working fine and not to return. They made me feel crazy.I have been fighting this problem for 4 years. Upon talking to others with this same year they also have the same problem. KIA won't fix it, it is a factory problem. Don't buy a sedona

Favorite Features

I love all about this van, but it leaves me stranded often due to the battery dying and having to replace it every 6 months

Suggested Improvements

Kia needs to figure this out a put out a recall

Unexpected "BEST PERFORMANCE" and Smooth Drive
By jbburn

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My family loves this van! I do a lot of driving - simply as routine, and long trip Chicago-Tulsa every month. This mini van is one the best and reliable vehicles I have had (Dodge Grand Caravan, Toyota Sienna) It's comfortable, rides smooth and looks great too. Infinity Sound system, Rear DVD is great feature. The only annoyance has been the engine light @ Gas re-fill and rear sliding doors trouble when the weather gets cold outside. I have had 37,000 miles in 15 months already. No problems from this vehicle, nothing negative in my eyes about it. Love it and would definitely recommend

Favorite Features

Infinity Sound system, Rear DVD Smooth Drive

never buy again
By prettylady

2007 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a Kia van in 2002 the first one they made it was ok I drove it every day. The 2007 does not add up. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER KIA of any kind. You never see them rated with the best cars to buy. I like the exterior the look of it the paint job last for 2 years, the engine light come on in all of them. I have several friend with kia cars and the engine light can on in every ones car I new. kia will not help you with the complaint you have about there cars.

Favorite Features

the body. I like the way they look the front and back. the engine is good.

Suggested Improvements

paint, check engine light come on, air conditioner