2006 Kia Sedona 3.8L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Reliable soldier

2006 Kia Sedona - Consumer Review

EX Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Reliable soldier
By Laszlo Pocsi on

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I owned my Sedona since new in 2006, has over 60k miles in it. Mine has been a trooper. It's a typical minivan - cavernous, comfortable, safe, practical. It is the top of the line model with leather, DVD player, back-up radar, etc. I towed heavy things with it, I packed it chock full of stuff and/or people many times, and it performed great. The safety rating is top-notch, which was a huge selling point for me. Gas mileage is not great by at around 17.3 mpg it's OK for a big vehicle. We had to replace the audio under warranty, one bulb went out in 6 years, other than just scheduled service. It's a bit noisier than I like, but I love it. Better yet, my kids love it. The power doors are great!

Favorite Features

Power doors, DVD player, back-up radar, top safety rating, comfortable and tough. Towed a mid-size car for 900 miles, towed a large pop-up camper with no problems.

Suggested Improvements

Should be a bit quieter on interstates, better gas mileage would be welcome, better acceleration too. Mine doesn't have an auxiliary audio port or USB connection or bluetooth, which are musts these days. Dash is ergonomic but could look better. Drop the manumatic function - I never use it.