2006 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
A pleasure to drive
By Faye lloyd on 12/14/06 05:34 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second Kia Sedona that I have owned...I find that it is very reliable with no problems at all. It is a very comfortable van with lots of leg room.

A Keeper!
By Mike on 12/14/06 04:44 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We only had our Sedona for a couple of weeks, but so far we love it. Still breaking it in, so hopefully mileage will improve. This van rides smooth and just feels put together well, I mean nothing rattles. I love how comfortable the seats are and the all around visibility. Kia's package can't be beat. We traded in my wife's Sorento so on top of the 0% financing for 60 months we got the owner's loyalty cash back! Beat that! Honda or Toyota. Don't get me wrong, I love my Matrix, but I'm actually letting my wife drive it to work just so I get to keep the Sedona to drive it around with my kid. Can't wait for a long road trip.

Interior Needs Do Over
By Kia Mom on 12/12/06 15:29 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My new Sedona is a great car for the money. So far, much more reliable than my 2000 AWD Caravan. But the interior needs a little more thought in the layout. It is a great handling car and much more fuel efficient.

It's not bad but...
By Georgia on 12/07/06 14:55 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I love how the van rides, sits and style of it. I've only owned the van for 3 months, so I can't comment on the quality and reliability. However, I would throw caution to the wind when you consider Kia at the present moment. The issue I have with them is lack of parts in the U.S. and poor service. Again, this is at the present time and I would assume over the next few years this will be corrected. The driving and style of the van compares to Honda and Toyota; other than that Kia is not in their league. There is a bigger problem and it not under the hood. So before you buy ask yourself how much is inconvenience and poor service worth to you.

Where is the space?
By unhappy1 on 11/16/06 17:49 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded my 00 Dodge Caravan AWD in for a 06 Kia Sedona LX. I have only driven it 75 miles. I was used to having more storage space in my Caravan. No under the seat drawer to put misc stuff. Also, that fold down tray between the driver and passenger is a real waste. For moms who drive, where do you put your purse, the Kleenex box and all those little things you like to keep at hand? I like the cargo net that I had in my Caravan. I have the manual seat adjustment and am having a hard time getting the seat to fit me. With long legs and short torso, I use the lever to raise the seat but it also moves it forward cramping my legs. The sunglass holder only hold small glasses.

Great Van but where is the 25 MPG
By trove on 11/16/06 09:47 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We love the van but the best mileage we have gotten is 19.1 on a level road. We average about 16 MPG which is almost the same as we get with our Avalanche. Our old Grand Voyager would average over 17 MPG and get almost 23 MPG on a trip. Comfort is excellent but the second row seats are a little tall for an adult as a taller person will hit their head on the roof. A couple of minor problems but the dealer bent over backwards to make them right. All in all an excellent value for the money. We would put this side by side with any minivan made. Also don't forget this has the highest safety rating on any minivan made.

I love this vehicle!
By Regina on 11/11/06 14:13 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our new Kia after our 2000 Chevy Venture starting having problems due to its age and 95,000 miles on it. No complaints with the Venture but I didn't like to looks or the price of Chevy's Uplander. After pricing the Chevy and the Dodge vans we decided to check out Kia. so far I love it We did have to have the fuel pump replaced right away as it was taking a lot of cranking to start it. Kia gave us a loaner to use which was identical to our vehicle...great move Kia. :) I highly recommend people to check out Kia, great amenities for the price!

Love it -- A real surprise
By D P from Virginia on 11/10/06 10:52 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at minivans for 6 months. Almost bought a Honda, but same options were thousands more. Fully loaded Kia - leather, DVD, power everything - has a bigger engine, and warranty. I have driven it for nearly 7000 miles, and the gas mileage is getting better as I go along. I love the split, rear, fold down seats. Middle row also on a slide to provide even more room to the 3rd row. Glad I went with the Kia. I have suggested it to several friends--they too are considering a Sedona EX with all the bells and whistles. Would like a Nav system, but I can get the portable one for under $1000. Truly holding up to slogan -- Power to Surprise!

Needs some improvements
By Deanna on 11/07/06 09:21 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

A/C went out in 2 months. Dealer did an excellent and fast job getting it fixed. The transmission was acting up so they reset the computer and that fixed the problem and improved gas mileage. It's starting to act up again. Time for them to reset. The fold down in between front seats needs to be improved and the cup holders are terrible. Your cups get stuck and tear open spelling your drink every where. But I would rather have the Kia overall. I did own a Dodge Caravan and a Ford Windstar. Hands down the Kia Is very comfortable and very quiet!

Worth every penny
By ML on 10/28/06 07:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I have owned a Voyager and a Caravan. From the start it was one problem after another. We made the decision to try the newly remodeled Sedona. It has been by far the best minivan we have owned. The ride is very nice and the interior is roomy and very comfortable. What you get for the price beats anything out there in my opinion.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.