Used 2006 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

reliability stinks
By Cindy Warring

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Kia Sedona for alsmost 3 years. Within that time frame, the car has gone through 3 alternators. three times without mush warning, this car has left me walking. I don't think I would buy a Kia again.

comfortable for long drives and plenty of room for my family.

Van is trying to kill us
By price family

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Twice in a 12-month period our throttle body has needed replacing. "Normal" auto shops won't touch a Kia, so emergency repairs are a no-go: not helpful when mom has two babies in carseats and is literally stranded with a self-decelerating van on the side of a highway.

cargo space in back! even with back seat occupied, can still fit huge double jogging stroller PLUS all the beach gear!

warranty that is honored, parts that can be fixed by non-dealership mechanics (who are obviously not well trained, anyways), driver seat adjustment needs to be electric or have more options, "electrical malfunctions" need to be addressed; Can anyone say "LEMON?"

good value
By Joe

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

After 2 years of ownership the car has been is the shop 6 times for little nagging problems from pulsing brakes to check engine lights. Never was a serious problem found but enough is enough.Add to it the new policy that The customer has to lay out $90.00 before they look at the car under its 5 year 60k mile program to make sure it qualifies for warranty work. I would think twice about this car...

Plenty of space inside

needs better gas mileage, and a better dealer service program.

Economical surprise
By Farm Boy

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had reliability and economy problems with Ford, GM, & Chrysler. Honda and Toyota are extremely expensive. Decided to try something else. We decied to go out on a limb and try the Kia. What a surprise! We love it. Good economy, handles great and more reliable than other brands I have owned. The first vehicle I have owned in years that I can drive all day and not get a back ache. And all this for $8,000 less than a comparablly equiped Honda or Toyota. I would recommend it to anyone. Any one interested in a minivan should give the Sedona a good hard look. They are great vans.

Comfort and fuel economy. What a relief to drive without my back hurting.

Mor dealers in smaller towns. I like to use a Dealership for routine service. Kia seems to stay in large cities requiring more driving to get to a dealer.

Walk away don't ever buy
By Momof4boys

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van new just because of the middle windows went down.. Wow was that a huge mistake. At 15,000 miles we couldn't even get the thing to start and forget about the 100000 mile warranty they didn't want to fix a thing. At about 25,000 miles the engine started to go and made all sorts of noises. This was one of the worst vans I have ever owned.

Middle windows went down.

If you have a warranty they need to stick by it. I was paying an arm and leg for this car brand new but yet would never fix things under warranty.