2006 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
Great Van
By TEC on 04/12/07 13:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We shopped for two months and tried all makes of vans. After driving the Kia we were sold. I liked the Honda but comparably equipped it was 7000 dollars more and they drove identical-- actually I thought the Kia was more comfortable. I have not had to return to the dealer for any factory defects. I have back trouble and what amazes me is my ability to drive long distances without getting the back ache like other vans I've owned. Anyone shopping for a van would do them selves an injustice to not consider the Kia. I get 19 mpg around town and up to 23 on the highway.

The MiniVan
By Anita's ride on 04/05/07 21:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Well a bit shaky about a Kia, then we drove it. It feels like some of the other minivans but better than the rest. Rides like a big heavy car but more room to move around in and better view of the world around the van on the road. Built solid and is very quiet on the road, handles great, safe feel on the road.

Awful Gas Mileage
By Buckeyes97 on 03/18/07 19:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

First and foremost, I want to address the horrible fuel mileage issues with this van. EPA says 18/25 city and highway. I am averaging no better than 18.2 MPG on highway trips. I could have bought the more pricey and more refined Honda Odyssey when considering the cost of fuel for this Kia. I'm gathering that the Honda van is getting almost 10 MPG more on the highway. Wow! I'm almost sick. That said, the vehicle seems ok otherwise. I am sure it soars above anything GM, Ford, or Chrysler would produce. It does have an air leak somewhere on the passenger side that is somewhat noisy. It also has a noisy ride which I do not thing is totally due to the cheap Hankook tires.

My 2006 Kia Sedona
By dtouchton on 02/27/07 09:28 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love this van! Have owned Mazda, Dodge and Chrysler. This is by far my favorite.

Transmission problem
By PhilP on 02/02/07 05:32 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Love the vehicle but have started having transmission/starting problems. Would not start in Park, dealer adjusted cable, now having trouble getting into Drive. Maybe dealer tech needs training. I am bringing it back to get fixed again. Only have 17K miles. Also driver's side passenger door sometimes will stay in open position and sometimes not, dealer lubricated but still is intermittent. I think it may be that the mechanics need more training.

First-timer for a van and Kia
By DavisFamily on 01/26/07 20:17 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Kia because of the 5-star rating. We liked many of the features and loved the way it handle. It was more affordable than any other van we had researched and offered more than enough comfort and safety for our family. However, this being our first van, we are still undecided if we would purchase another Kia. It's interior design is questionable-like the hazard button-it took me forever to figure out how to change the radio and climate without hitting it with the side of my hand. The back seat has a middle seatbelt that comes out of the ceiling and doesn't fit anyone right that uses it. And what's up with the conversation mirror-everyone is so tiny it's of no use!

From car to minivan...
By coporateguy on 01/18/07 17:31 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first minivan & as a 6'2" 210lb man, I must say, I love this car. It's roomy, user friendly, quick, smooth, nimble (for its size), and very safe. Yes the gas mileage could be better but for a vehicle/engine this size, it's not bad.

We LOVE it
By coopster on 01/04/07 08:17 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We are very happy with our 2006 Kia Sedona. Highest safety rating, very comfortable and practical for our family of 5. Gas mileage leaves something to be desired. 6,000 miles on it so far and no problems to speak of. My only complaints are with the dealership service department. I don't know if that is a local problem with the dealership or a reflection on Kia. Handles well and feels sporty for a minivan. Even has Tiptronic-type shifting to allow you to go through the gears manually. Lots of extras for a reasonably priced vehicle. We compared with Chrysler, Nissan, Honda and Hyundai (which is the same van as the Kia) and found the Kia offers the most for the money.

2006 Kia Sedona EX
By Chad on 12/22/06 12:47 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Great standard features and option packages. Great basic warranty. Hyundai and Kia have it right! Much better than Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey. Fuel economy could be a little better. A little bit too much road noise and ride could be a little smoother. Cup holders rattle a little. A few things could be a little better but overall a great value.

Kia vs. others
By rubituli on 12/18/06 19:27 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this Sedona on reviews alone. I read car and driver and trust their take on vehicle reviews. Also the consumer reviews were very helpful. This is a no frills product and very straight forward in design. It's very comfortable to drive and very practical. Better than the domestics and equal to the Japanese offerings. I would look to either this Kia or the Honda. In terms quality both are equal but the Honda is a bit more sporty. Let's see here - sporty vs. 10 year warranty? Take your pick, for me it's the Kia, I really like this vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.