Used 2006 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sedona

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

love it!
By mizcece

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at many many reviews before making the decision to purchase my 2006 Kia Sedona...there were really as many bad as good, but I could not have been more pleased with my decision. It is so comfortable & roomy. There is some rear "squeaking" sometimes, but not that bad that I regret getting the vehicle. I simply love it! For a busy mom on the go it has been perfect!

This Van is Very Underrated!!
By Happy Customer!!

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had this van a short time,former van was a Dodge Caravan Sport. When the dealer first showed me the Sedona, my initial impression as I walked towards it was that it was sharp for a mini-van(Midnight Black with dark tinted windows!) as I got closer to it and saw it was Kia I wasn't so sure I wanted it, it was a Kia for goodness sakes. But then, I got in the vehicle, with it's tan, clean and crisp interior, decided to test drive it, and fell in love right away! It's three years old but smooth, and still looks really good, it looks like an 08 or 09. It's also fast and corners very well. The CD and radio are outstanding in sound quality.

Favorite Features

I chose the black exterior due to it's sharp looks. I love the way this van looks, very classy with nice silver / steel wheels. Like it's long wheel base, this is a large vehicle with lots or cabin space. The kids lov it! Like the trunk/cargo space, and I love the stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

Could use some upgrades to the materials used in the interiors and the dash is a little outdated. Would like to see controls in the steering wheel as standards and the van can be a bit noisy first thing in the morning. Other than this, I love it. I hope Kia starts getting the respect it deserves!

Best Van,,,PERIOD!
By JWM

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Were ready to trade in for a Berrago..after driving a loaner for 2 days, we just couldnt give up the comfort and reliability of our EX Sedona...to bad they are discontinuing this model in 2011.

Favorite Features

confy seats, good power, sound system and roominess

Suggested Improvements

better gas milage...I average 20 miles per gallon combined hwy and city

Not a happy consumer
By Very disatisfied

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but problems since day one. Brakes have been repaired over 10 times. Mostly the first year. Wiring harness melted, so bad the rear brake light melted. Seat latches in 3rd row keeps breaking. Doors freeze close. With 3 kids having to get out back not fun. Kia not very cooperative. Alignment keeps going out. On third set of tires. Need new again. Forth set of headlights. Out again. Dealer and KIA not very friendly or helpful. Places blame on me. Had to file a lawsuit. After 3 years they acknowledge van is lemon. Not a very happy consumer considering I worked hard to have something nice and turned out to be a headache!!!!!

Favorite Features

Middle windows going down, alot of cupholders.

Suggested Improvements

Make van safe and reliable.

100,000 miles with no problems
By Art Muriph

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Kia Sedona after having rented one while on vacation. Considered a Honda Odyssey at 30k but found a brand new 2006 left over for 16,700 a huge svings. We have driven the van daily and cross country for 2.5 years and put 100,000 miles on it without any problems. My only complaint was with the original tires that wore out at only 30k replaced them with goodyear assurance comford treat tires with a 80 k warantee and they are still going strong. The only service the van has seen is an walmart brand synthetic oil change every 7000 miles or so. I haven't even had to do a brake job yet!!! I have had several honda's and I would say the kia is just as reliable for me.

Favorite Features

Interior layout, very roomy, lots of power,

Suggested Improvements

put some real tires on it from the factory, I would gladly pay the difference....