2006 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
Outstanding van for a low price.
By superpowter on 01/23/08 07:59 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, comfort and performance all together, smooth ride, had a couple of issues with sensors they were fixed by my dealership for free (got a 60K miles warranty on a pre-owned car). This is my second sedona LX 2006, I bought in less than one year.

Our first minivan
By Military in Minot on 01/21/08 14:02 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van for my wife after extensive online research. The determining factors for buying this model were quality, safety and price. I looked at all vans from the "lowly" KIA to the "mighty" Toyota. What I discovered in those other brands was, in order to protect your family you were forced to buy the upgraded models with cameras and fancy seats. I want quality and safety to surround my family. KIA offers the same level of safety in ALL their van trims!! All comments I have received are of absolute appreciation for the build and material quality inside and out. KIA may be a Korean company, but they built exactly what we needed. My next vehicle will be a KIA/HYUNDAI.

2006 Sedona "Lemon"
By jwmrjm on 10/02/07 22:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Within a few weeks the transmission went out. The technicians had difficulty diagnosing the problem before deciding to order a new transmission from Korea. Two "loaner vehicles were provided. Both of these Sedona’s had electrical malfunctions. The fuel pump has been replaced. The intake air system has failed. The tire pressure sensors have failed. The horn has failed and Kia installed the "wrong" replacement making yet two more trips back to the shop. The vehicle has spent 1/4 of its life in the shop. Kia has failed to honor terms of extended warranty contract. Do not buy Kia.

Best bang for the buck
By Beth on 09/28/07 05:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

If you are looking for the best value for your dollar, this is the ticket! Why pay thousands more for other brands with the same features? This one provides quality at a value price.

Much better than I ever expected
By typer_801 on 09/05/07 12:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Saw all the great press from the car mags, consumer reports, IIHS, etc. and then saw the massive incentives and really incredible prices at the end of the year... they seemed too good to pass up. We wanted an Odyssey, but, even at invoice it was $6-7K more than the Sedona. That pushed me over the edge and we decided to give Kia a chance. So far it's far exceeded my expectations. While not perfect, for what we paid, we have no complaints.

Went from Honda to Kia
By db1959 on 07/30/07 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I had an Odyssey from 2003 to 2006 and bought a 2006 Kia Sedona in late 2006. It had 4500 miles when I bought it. I like the comfort and ride, both compare favorably to the Odyssey. Recently while driving the driver's side view mirror fell out and was broken upon impact with the street. I had never had any contact with the mirror or its housing. The dealer first told me it would be covered under warranty but after it was replaced he called up the VIN and noted it had been put into service on 6-21-06 and as such fell out of the 12 months so wanted $42 for the mirror. And they did not take American express so they took the mirror back. Made for bad PR IMO.

What a great car!
By jenean on 07/22/07 08:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful vehicle. I got rearended in this vehicle and the insurance company had to total it but I walked away without a scratch on myself or my son who was sitting in the passanger front seat. Very safe car. I highly recommend it. We liked it so much we went and bought a 2007 EX.

Great Family Vehicle
By Dan on 05/29/07 19:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this minivan in August 2006 to accommodate our expected second child. Minivans aren't cool, but for functionality and practicality for families, they really can't be beat. We purchased this van due to the value, warranty, and exceptional safety ratings, even for the base model. The van drives very well and is very comfortable on long trips. I am 6' 4" and don't get fatigued during long trips. The engine is smooth and very adequate. Handling is wobbly, but it is a van not a sports car. Stereo very good for the base model. Fuel economy a little worse than expected. This thing will swallow a Volkswagen, yet is as easy to park and maneuver as my old honda civic.

2nd Review
By Mike on 05/03/07 07:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

After owning this van for six months I can say that we're very happy with it. As I read everyone else's reviews, I see that the mileage is complaint #1 and I have to admit at the beginning I felt the same way. However, now that we put about 3500 miles on it and the weather is getting better, we live in Chicago, we're starting to see an improvement on this issue. Also, you need to hit the reset button on the console once in a while in order to get an accurate mileage reading. Other than that, we have no complaints. She still rides and feels tight as day one. After first winter, we're surprised how well it handles the snow/slippery conditions.

Our Best Car Ever
By J. G. Capron on 04/24/07 10:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We are thrilled with the Kia. Plenty of power when needed, and exceptional handling. Very comfortable seating and plenty of cupholders and storage space. A wonderful car for us and our dogs.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.