Used 2006 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Love My Van, She part of the family
By Yogi & Mike Healy

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed this van from day one. Bought it new,with under 10 miles on it.Have enjoyed every mile on it.She has all the power that my wife wants and needs,w/3.8 v6.I don't think that will we every trade her in. Everything has worked great. The Dealerships are becoming far and few.They have taken care of any small problem w/ no problem. One thing that needs to be address is lites front,fog they have gone out and can only be changed at the dealership? Why cause you have to take off the front bumper? That stinks. The Van drives so smooth has great pick up also drives like a sports car.I would buy another but only used as they do drop in value fast.Paid $29950 worth $8750 ouch :-(

POWER!3.8 v6 Power doors,both sides and lift gate. Having a trouble free car.The Car Company stand behind if needed.Great looks and roomy inside.Like that the back seats go down flat,for more cargo.Cup holders I it has 13. Beleive it this is what made my wife love the car.She was sold on that :-)

Some plastic flim over door handles still on after almost 4yrs can't come off.Fewer Dealships to bring car to! Speaker need to be upgraded. MPG needs to be inproved.21 - 25

Worse new vehicle I ever owned
By Worse vehice I owned

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought in MD, live in WV, could not get thru inspection 1st week we owned car due to light bulb issue (& we have had numerous bulbs changed / numerous electrical issues). Brakes/tires eaten up regular basis & other mechanical issues. Many problems with getting warranty issues handled correctly. WARNING WARNING **DON'T BUY** Worse new vehicle we have ever owned!!

It is peppy, I give it that.. Plenty of power to pass (back when the transmission was working smoothly).

NONE, don't buy so you avoid all the headaches we have encountered.

Family Van Disapointment
By Kevin

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We have 44,000 miles on our van. Since we have owned the van it has been in the shop for warranty work many times. The intake system went bad requiring a tow truck. The air/conditioning compressor has been repaired twice. Power steering has been repaired twice. Three different suspension repairs have been made. The fuel pump has been repaired, wiring harness replaced, brake light switch replaced, engine block oil leak, bad airbag control module, bad seals on windows, doors sticking, doors not latching, etc. Difficulty getting proper alignment. Left us stranded twice. Kia had paid for it all. Dealership has been very helpful. Wondering what will happen when warranty expires.

Smooth, quiet, and powerful. Flexible interior. Right size for our family. Standard features are good for base model.

works for me
By steve

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

i use the Sedona for work, loaded with tools and parts. It has performed very well. city/hwy combined mileage is always above 20mpg. It can be fun to drive for a minivan and acceleration is exceptional for a vehicle this size. I have had a couple problems, turn signal stopped working; but seems to have fixed itself. my biggest problem has been finding a competent dealer and the prices they charge are comparable to infinity(for 60k service) I purchased the van because my wife has a 2003 optima which has been problem free. And the KIA was the last car I wanted her to buy. oh yes, plan to keep it as resale is nonexistent.

stereo, shifting, powerful, safety, well built, and i like how it looks. I also put car seats in it. timing chain, not belt so not need for expensive maintenance there.

Less power, better mpg.

Better then what I thought!
By spacex4xrent

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought the van, at first i wasn't expecting much. The gold color on the van didn't really appeal to me, and the interior color wasn't made for a 20 year old. However, the van performed way beyond my expectations. The V6 engine is powerful, the acceleration gives the car a smooth ride, the comfortable seats makes waiting in LA traffic relaxing! =] Also, the customer service at Allstar Kia is the best! Professional, honest, and wonderful

The dual ac! the comfortable seats! Extra room!

Gas mileage. this van eats 40 bucks within a week.