2006 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
Content
By Kevin on 09/04/08 08:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy driving the Sedona. The sound and power of the engine is pleasing. The size is just right for my family. I saved money on a new sofa by avoiding the delivery charge and picking it up at the warehouse myself. It fit perfectly in the Kia. We get 17 mpg city and 26 mpg highway. Good amount of standard features for a base model. Paint looks good and is holding up well. Steering wheel was crooked from factory, interior grab handle came loose, fuel line adjusted, a/c compressor noise fixed, rubber windshield seal came lose, driver side window seal folded under. All problems fixed for free by dealer. I did expect fewer problems from a new vehicle. We have 22,000 miles on our van.

Good deal
By Paul on 08/05/08 14:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

It was this or the Grand Caravan, I like the stow and go of the caravan but the 2006 Sedona had stow in go in the back and the seats folded down. The caravan also had many bad consumer reviews. I was amazed at the power and roominess. I got a great deal on it by playing 1 dealer against the other. Saved about $3,000 over the price of a caravan and about $9,000 less than new. It only had 15k miles. Sure beats buying new.

Good value but horrible fuel economy
By Tom in Houston on 07/17/08 08:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is a functional, well-designed, comfortable, and generally good- handling minivan. It's also a great value compared to Toyota and Honda. But the fuel economy really sucks. I'm averaging 13.5 MPG overall (mostly city driving). That's way worse than the '98 Grand Voyager it replaced. I might as well have bought a Tahoe or Expedition, which look cooler and are just as big. Also, I'm on my 3rd battery in three years. Hmmm.

Functional but Unreliable
By Dan on 06/09/08 09:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this van for our expanding family in August 2006. I think after two years I can provide good insight. The van is comfortable and great on long trips, even with kids. It will swallow anything. The powertrain is smooth and powerful enough, if not all that responsive. Fuel economy is probably what can be expected from a 4500 lb minivan, I get 16 mpg in the city. The main problem is reliability. I have had trouble mainly with the brakes, an O2 sensor, and I had a fuel pump go out. I have warped two sets of front rotors in less than 25,000 miles, and Kia won't cover the second set under warranty even though they only lasted 10,000 miles. Beware of this issue on this van.

Good solid van
By cribsguy on 05/20/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2006 in Feb. of 2007. We now have 17K miles on it. No major issues. We had the tires rotated at the 12K service interval and the sensors went off because the tires were under inflated. I just put some air in them and the sensors cleared. Interior is rather spartan. Gas mileage is okay from a 3.8L engine that turns out almost 250 HP. Great get-up-and-go. Wife loves the way the third row seats fold down. Lots of usable space inside. Just make sure to change the oil every 3K miles. It is a 40-weight oil so it is a little more expensive if you don't go to the dealer.

Great Value
By Gabriel on 04/19/08 20:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We have had the Sedona for 2 years now and so far so good. It has proven very reliable and very comfortable. This is a large minivan and with the seats folded it can carry an impressive amount of cargo. I moved recently and was able to put my sofa in the van with no problems. The only complaints are the fuel mileage and some of the plastic interior parts are on the cheap side. Another major drawback is the steep depreciation on this minivan. However, this is not something Kia can directly control Having said that, the standard equipment is quite extensive, especially the safety features.

My other car is a Camaro SS
By LuvMyKia on 03/31/08 15:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My other cars are a 1999 Camaro SS and a 1996 Impala SS, so I am used to vehicles with power and good handling. Within its limits (it is a minvan) the Kia's handling is excellent and the engine makes good power under all conditions. Amazing for a 4500 lbs minivan. My whole family loves this vehicle.

love it even with the problems
By danielle on 03/29/08 18:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I love the van but it had a vibration from new. Many parts later at 56,000 km I'm getting a new transmission, which is what my husband had said it was from the day we drove it home. I've been paying $590 per month for a vibrating tranny klunker. Other than that it's comfortable with tons of room for my 4 kids.

No Dealership In CA
By BONG on 03/18/08 22:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

driving this vehicle for a year is not that good because for the first two mos of driving, i noticed the popping noise from driver side or when you hitting pot holes and turning.after a year, the a/c compressor has a knocking noise and need replacement and they need to order the Don't buy kia when you are in california or don't go to california when you have this kia cars..They don't have participating dealer in ca.......parts.when you turn L/R/maneuver or backing, you need extra effort.

Not bad
By legend on 03/03/08 10:50 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Just inherited this van from father-in- law. It's got everything you want in a minivan. Only thing that bothers me is the somewhat heavy steering feel and interior squeaks from the rear of the car. It turns out squeaks are coming from side plastic panels. Airbag light came on but that's probably an easy fix. Other than those two things can't really complain

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.