2006 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
Van is trying to kill us
By price family on 06/14/09 20:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Twice in a 12-month period our throttle body has needed replacing. "Normal" auto shops won't touch a Kia, so emergency repairs are a no-go: not helpful when mom has two babies in carseats and is literally stranded with a self-decelerating van on the side of a highway.

good value
By Joe on 04/28/09 21:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

After 2 years of ownership the car has been is the shop 6 times for little nagging problems from pulsing brakes to check engine lights. Never was a serious problem found but enough is enough.Add to it the new policy that The customer has to lay out $90.00 before they look at the car under its 5 year 60k mile program to make sure it qualifies for warranty work. I would think twice about this car...

Economical surprise
By Farm Boy on 04/26/09 18:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had reliability and economy problems with Ford, GM, & Chrysler. Honda and Toyota are extremely expensive. Decided to try something else. We decied to go out on a limb and try the Kia. What a surprise! We love it. Good economy, handles great and more reliable than other brands I have owned. The first vehicle I have owned in years that I can drive all day and not get a back ache. And all this for $8,000 less than a comparablly equiped Honda or Toyota. I would recommend it to anyone. Any one interested in a minivan should give the Sedona a good hard look. They are great vans.

Walk away don't ever buy
By Momof4boys on 03/27/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van new just because of the middle windows went down.. Wow was that a huge mistake. At 15,000 miles we couldn't even get the thing to start and forget about the 100000 mile warranty they didn't want to fix a thing. At about 25,000 miles the engine started to go and made all sorts of noises. This was one of the worst vans I have ever owned.

2006 Kia Sedona
By lavrishevo on 03/25/09 13:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Overall a great van. Very comfortable and powerful. I have had two very minor problems what were immediately fixed by the dealer as they were slight design flaws being 06 was the first redesign production year. I currently have a little over 22,000 miles and the van is running strong. Gas mileage has improved slightly with the “breaking” in of the engine but MPG has always been good with conservative driving habits. Consiering I live in Puerto Rico which is 80% city driving the van is holding up great. Very happy with this purchase!

Nothing but trouble
By DC on 01/31/09 23:42 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Sedona in November 2006. Since then it's been in the shop 5 times. Not acceptable in a car purchased "new." First was a knocking sound when the engine was shut off, I was told it was a flap in the engine that didn't close properly? Next was a slider that stuck habitually. Then a fuse in the dash went out and my ABS malfunctioned. The brake light still doesn't shut off properly, I have to kick it, and it's been in for repairs on that twice. Because it's a large car assembled with the brakes of a smaller car, it wears through brakes super fast. My two year old car is on its third set of brakes. No wonder it has that warrantee, you need it. I'm now looking elsewhere.

Live and learn
By David Shelton on 01/29/09 10:32 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Due to the great warranty and price with options we decided to take a chance on a Kia vehicle even though we knew about the not so good re-sale value. The vehicle has 60000 miles on it. The vehicle performed fine until about 45000 miles. After 6 visits to the dealership the air conditioner was finally fixed. At about 58000 miles the power lift gate stopped working and was fixed. I have replaced two fog lights and one head light bulb and now the tv has quit working. Everything was under warranty except the bulbs and tv. After contacting Kia about the tv, which would cost $1100 to replace, I was told I was out of luck. The bulbs lift gate and tv all went out within two weeks.

You could pay more...
By JMehling on 01/15/09 13:29 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We've had this van for almost 3 years and 65,000 miles and it's been everything that we expected. We got all the bells and whistles and they've been worth every penny. I like fast vehicles and I am never left wanting for passing power. The manual control of the transmission is great, and eases the frustration that comes from the sometimes slow downshifts in full automatic mode. I feel very secure with the handling and think the steering is fine, too. I feel fuel economy is average for a vehicle of this weight and engine size. It doesn't have the cylinder deactivation like the Odyssey, but the extra money you'd spend to buy that vehicle will fill up your Sedona many times over.

Dangerous Vehicle
By Joe on 12/02/08 12:42 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my 2006 Sedona LX for just over 2.5 years (45,000 miles). Approximately, 14 months ago, at 22,000 miles, the car started sporadically dieing while driving. The acceleration/speed would completely go out. This has happened twice while driving on the freeway and four times in total. Fortunately, no one has been injured. Each time I take the vehicle to the dealership and they assure me it is fixed. However, the problem keeps recurring. Kia Motors has done little to address this other than to claim they have fixed it just to send my family and I out to break down again. Kia obviously has little concern for consumer safety and no sense of business ethics.

Not Great
By cleo on 11/03/08 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My family has been driving the Sedona LX for 2 years now. With less than 30000 miles, it has been in the for power steering line problems 5 times. Finally the line was replaced. One dealership added power steering fluid 3 times (why on a brand new car with less than 6000 miles??) Problems with the rotors. Both passenger doors freeze when the temperature drops. This happens consistently, not just when the car is wet. Very aggravating trying to get 3 kids in the van in winter with doors frozen shut crawling over the front seats. Gas mileage is terrible 13-15 in the city. Due to the size of our family (3 car seats), got a minivan (reluctantly). We should have went back to an SUV

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.