Used 2006 Kia Sedona Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Run away as fast as you can
By 1soccermama

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Worse vehicle I've evered owned. After being stranded three times and towed to the dealer who couldn't find the issue while it was under warrenty, I finally took it to a local repair shop who found the 1K plus issue that I had to pay out of pocket. Called Kia and was basically told 'oh well'. Van felt cheap and made me question it's safety on a daily basis. It was a true lemon and after spending about 3K in less than a year, I was done. Bought myself a Dodge and I'm in love!

None

Reliable soldier
By Laszlo Pocsi

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I owned my Sedona since new in 2006, has over 60k miles in it. Mine has been a trooper. It's a typical minivan - cavernous, comfortable, safe, practical. It is the top of the line model with leather, DVD player, back-up radar, etc. I towed heavy things with it, I packed it chock full of stuff and/or people many times, and it performed great. The safety rating is top-notch, which was a huge selling point for me. Gas mileage is not great by at around 17.3 mpg it's OK for a big vehicle. We had to replace the audio under warranty, one bulb went out in 6 years, other than just scheduled service. It's a bit noisier than I like, but I love it. Better yet, my kids love it. The power doors are great!

Power doors, DVD player, back-up radar, top safety rating, comfortable and tough. Towed a mid-size car for 900 miles, towed a large pop-up camper with no problems.

Should be a bit quieter on interstates, better gas mileage would be welcome, better acceleration too. Mine doesn't have an auxiliary audio port or USB connection or bluetooth, which are musts these days. Dash is ergonomic but could look better. Drop the manumatic function - I never use it.

Worst vehicle have ever owned!
By Ryan

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned the vehicle for 5 years and have had nothing but problems for 4. Back up sensors constantly malfunctioning, tires shot after hardly any miles, doors freeze shut all winter, AC has gone out twice, bushings replaced twice, ignition issues, too many problems to list. Is in the shop at least every two months. Shop plugs it into the computer, doesn't show code and they can't replicate the problem.

Favorite Features - Getting rid of it today at a loss. Bumper to bumper warranty is the only good thing with Kia. Trust me you need it.

Don't know where to start. My suggestion to everyone, "DON'T BUY A KIA."

Sell it Quickly
By Nathan

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Horrible build quality. Just a short list of replacement items. Ecu x 2, throttle body x 3,3 fuse blocks, tpms system, wheels, rotors, brakes every 25k, door seals, had a misaligned panel that allowed water into rear of vehicle, dashboard replaced, o2 sensors x 2, sway bar, various suspension parts, 2 batteries, 17 headlights, 3 turn signal lights, 4 brake lights, 3 ac compressors. We had various misfire codes, abs system faults, steering faults-binding up steering, car sometimes would not start. Idle would vary between 600 and 1200 rpm, was told this is normal. Shifting was imprecise and started to flare. Gas mileage as low as 12 mpg then 17 mpg the next tank. Got rid of it.

None

Burn the factory down..

Finally Got Rid of It
By No Kia No More

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car for a family of 5 in July 2006 from Central Kia in Dallas, TX. Over the course of the next 4 years it spent over 90 days in the shop on 56 appointments. We had a vast assortment of issues ranging from wheel replacements to ECU replacements. In between we had both O2 sensors replaced, 3 fuse blocks, Throttle body, several power packs, W/S washer pump, radio, sway bar and several cosmetic items replaced. Unreliability is the key for this vehicle. Even when it ran it felt like it was going to die at any minute. Ate tires like no tomorrow and was in general a very poor vehicle. We took it to 3 different dealers service departments for the work. DO NOT BUY A KIA, EVER!

Interior stains easily as the fabric is cheap BUT it is nicely designed. Fold and Go rear seats are very nice.

Shut down the factory and restart it again somewhere else. The reliability is spotty at best and done right dangerous at worst...