2006 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
Worse new vehicle I ever owned
By Worse vehice I owned on 02/22/10 08:55 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought in MD, live in WV, could not get thru inspection 1st week we owned car due to light bulb issue (& we have had numerous bulbs changed / numerous electrical issues). Brakes/tires eaten up regular basis & other mechanical issues. Many problems with getting warranty issues handled correctly. WARNING WARNING **DON'T BUY** Worse new vehicle we have ever owned!!

Family Van Disapointment
By Kevin on 02/19/10 13:55 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We have 44,000 miles on our van. Since we have owned the van it has been in the shop for warranty work many times. The intake system went bad requiring a tow truck. The air/conditioning compressor has been repaired twice. Power steering has been repaired twice. Three different suspension repairs have been made. The fuel pump has been repaired, wiring harness replaced, brake light switch replaced, engine block oil leak, bad airbag control module, bad seals on windows, doors sticking, doors not latching, etc. Difficulty getting proper alignment. Left us stranded twice. Kia had paid for it all. Dealership has been very helpful. Wondering what will happen when warranty expires.

works for me
By steve on 01/01/10 22:19 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

i use the Sedona for work, loaded with tools and parts. It has performed very well. city/hwy combined mileage is always above 20mpg. It can be fun to drive for a minivan and acceleration is exceptional for a vehicle this size. I have had a couple problems, turn signal stopped working; but seems to have fixed itself. my biggest problem has been finding a competent dealer and the prices they charge are comparable to infinity(for 60k service) I purchased the van because my wife has a 2003 optima which has been problem free. And the KIA was the last car I wanted her to buy. oh yes, plan to keep it as resale is nonexistent.

Better then what I thought!
By spacex4xrent on 11/09/09 19:40 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought the van, at first i wasn't expecting much. The gold color on the van didn't really appeal to me, and the interior color wasn't made for a 20 year old. However, the van performed way beyond my expectations. The V6 engine is powerful, the acceleration gives the car a smooth ride, the comfortable seats makes waiting in LA traffic relaxing! =] Also, the customer service at Allstar Kia is the best! Professional, honest, and wonderful

love it!
By mizcece on 11/08/09 12:17 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at many many reviews before making the decision to purchase my 2006 Kia Sedona...there were really as many bad as good, but I could not have been more pleased with my decision. It is so comfortable & roomy. There is some rear "squeaking" sometimes, but not that bad that I regret getting the vehicle. I simply love it! For a busy mom on the go it has been perfect!

This Van is Very Underrated!!
By Happy Customer!! on 10/28/09 19:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had this van a short time,former van was a Dodge Caravan Sport. When the dealer first showed me the Sedona, my initial impression as I walked towards it was that it was sharp for a mini-van(Midnight Black with dark tinted windows!) as I got closer to it and saw it was Kia I wasn't so sure I wanted it, it was a Kia for goodness sakes. But then, I got in the vehicle, with it's tan, clean and crisp interior, decided to test drive it, and fell in love right away! It's three years old but smooth, and still looks really good, it looks like an 08 or 09. It's also fast and corners very well. The CD and radio are outstanding in sound quality.

Best Van,,,PERIOD!
By JWM on 10/15/09 20:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Were ready to trade in for a Berrago..after driving a loaner for 2 days, we just couldnt give up the comfort and reliability of our EX Sedona...to bad they are discontinuing this model in 2011.

Not a happy consumer
By Very disatisfied on 08/25/09 21:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but problems since day one. Brakes have been repaired over 10 times. Mostly the first year. Wiring harness melted, so bad the rear brake light melted. Seat latches in 3rd row keeps breaking. Doors freeze close. With 3 kids having to get out back not fun. Kia not very cooperative. Alignment keeps going out. On third set of tires. Need new again. Forth set of headlights. Out again. Dealer and KIA not very friendly or helpful. Places blame on me. Had to file a lawsuit. After 3 years they acknowledge van is lemon. Not a very happy consumer considering I worked hard to have something nice and turned out to be a headache!!!!!

100,000 miles with no problems
By Art Muriph on 08/18/09 09:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Kia Sedona after having rented one while on vacation. Considered a Honda Odyssey at 30k but found a brand new 2006 left over for 16,700 a huge svings. We have driven the van daily and cross country for 2.5 years and put 100,000 miles on it without any problems. My only complaint was with the original tires that wore out at only 30k replaced them with goodyear assurance comford treat tires with a 80 k warantee and they are still going strong. The only service the van has seen is an walmart brand synthetic oil change every 7000 miles or so. I haven't even had to do a brake job yet!!! I have had several honda's and I would say the kia is just as reliable for me.

reliability stinks
By Cindy Warring on 06/24/09 15:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Kia Sedona for alsmost 3 years. Within that time frame, the car has gone through 3 alternators. three times without mush warning, this car has left me walking. I don't think I would buy a Kia again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.