Used 2006 Kia Sedona Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

I have 2 Kia's and LOVE them
By mom_of_two

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We first purchased a 2006 Kia Optima LX (brand new and still own) when we had our first child. Then we purchased our 2006 Kia Sedona LX (used - 5yrs old) when we had our second child. I love both of my Kia's. Sure I have had some issues, like the Air Bag light and Check Engine light - but no car is perfect. Even if you own a BMW or MB, there are still issues! I will forever drive a KIA : )

Much better than expected.
By quinn3

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it used in 2007 with about 12k miles on. It has been an amazing ride. Great acceleration and braking. I can get the middle seats out easy and the rear seats fold into the floor to fit a 4' x 8 piece of wood in there. It also held it value very good. I'm looking to buy another one but don't like the 24k price tag and it's hard to find a used one with only 12k or so miles on it.

Favorite Features

I like the acceleration and the smooth ride. I also love how the rear seats fold into the floor. Being longer than most mini vans is also great. The 60k mile warranty was nice to have though I didn't have to use it much

Suggested Improvements

self closing doors as an option by itself. The radio changes channels sometimes by itself. Hybrid version

Nice Van - Highly recommend.
By linuxking

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this 2006 in 2011 with under 40K miles on it. No problems - easy to work on. I change my own oil and just flushed the transmission fluid by myself. I was hesitant to buy with all the bad reviews - think most posters just got lemons - I had a Mercury Sable that had all the problems described in the other posts.

Favorite Features

Plenty of power - lots of room. Came with a DVD player for the kids and the sliding door windows slide down. Price was awesome - bought in 2011 with under 40K miles for 12K with trade in - 1998 Windstar with tons of problems. This van has a bit more room than the old Winstar. Super quiet - barely hear the engine running. Oil change is 5.5 quarts - that should help the engine last a long time.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the middle console between from seats. Gets a little under 20 MPG. Impossible to find a repair manual - but found enough KIA forums with good advice.

kia sedona
By 4gs

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We have had a terrible experience with our Kia Sedona. It gets terrible gas mileage. We had some work that needed to be done that was covered under warranty, and they did not fix it. It is a very heavy van and does not ride very smooth. Would not recomend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

customer service, gas mileage, reliability.

Worst Car I've ever owned
By frommissouir2

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the oil changed at the dealer for the entire life of this car simply because every time it was time to change the oil something else was broken on it. The air bag light just came on this morning, and the check engine light has been lighting up regularly so BACK TO THE DEALER we go. I still plan on driving it until the wheels fall off but I will NEVER buy another KIA.

Favorite Features

Size, price was good.

Suggested Improvements

Make this thing more reliable