Used 2006 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Our Best Car Ever
By J. G. Capron

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We are thrilled with the Kia. Plenty of power when needed, and exceptional handling. Very comfortable seating and plenty of cupholders and storage space. A wonderful car for us and our dogs.

Ease of handling and responsiveness of the engine; also the smooth shifting.

Maybe a little better mileage but with more power than others in its class, it really doesn't do bad at all.

Great Van
By TEC

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We shopped for two months and tried all makes of vans. After driving the Kia we were sold. I liked the Honda but comparably equipped it was 7000 dollars more and they drove identical-- actually I thought the Kia was more comfortable. I have not had to return to the dealer for any factory defects. I have back trouble and what amazes me is my ability to drive long distances without getting the back ache like other vans I've owned. Anyone shopping for a van would do them selves an injustice to not consider the Kia. I get 19 mpg around town and up to 23 on the highway.

Good fuel mileage for the size, comfort and power, also, it is quieter than other vans I've owned.

Dress it up more outside with chrome strips and two-tone.

The MiniVan
By Anita's ride

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Well a bit shaky about a Kia, then we drove it. It feels like some of the other minivans but better than the rest. Rides like a big heavy car but more room to move around in and better view of the world around the van on the road. Built solid and is very quiet on the road, handles great, safe feel on the road.

DVD keep the kids quiet. Great power, shifts like a stick tran. While it is an automatic, great for heavy traffic and fast get away when needed.

Better gas mileage, more chrome on outside and on wheels. Better stereo with a sub.

Awful Gas Mileage
By Buckeyes97

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

First and foremost, I want to address the horrible fuel mileage issues with this van. EPA says 18/25 city and highway. I am averaging no better than 18.2 MPG on highway trips. I could have bought the more pricey and more refined Honda Odyssey when considering the cost of fuel for this Kia. I'm gathering that the Honda van is getting almost 10 MPG more on the highway. Wow! I'm almost sick. That said, the vehicle seems ok otherwise. I am sure it soars above anything GM, Ford, or Chrysler would produce. It does have an air leak somewhere on the passenger side that is somewhat noisy. It also has a noisy ride which I do not thing is totally due to the cheap Hankook tires.

Adequate power (244HP but heavy), very roomy, rear seats fold easily, leather with heat is nice, interior suits me well.

Worst fuel economy imaginable, noisy and bumpy ride, windshield sealed poorly, gas pedal is too responsive to light touch of foot, gauge cluster is tacky, one sliding door is harder to open than the other.

My 2006 Kia Sedona
By dtouchton

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love this van! Have owned Mazda, Dodge and Chrysler. This is by far my favorite.

Mom mirror, rear door windows go down.

Middle seats could lay back a little further.

• SUV