2006 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
2006 Sedona Minivan
By apostled612 on 05/24/13 12:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Well we bought the vehicle used and the the fist thing that happened when we took it to the Kia dealer for complete service, the vehicle was in great shape until they did a recall on the left rear passenger door, the dealer was replacing the rear door latch. Since then the door has not opened on it's own. Sometimes we have to play with the controls to make the rear door close properly.

The suckish minivan
By syopot2004 on 03/20/13 11:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van in 2006, and after that I have brought this van to the service center for a thousand times already. Under chassis failed already, ball joint, tie rod end and so many to mention. During that time I had only 30,000 miles with the odometer. At 40,000 miles the oil seal failed (so many to mention). Now at 50,000 miles coolant leak. Keep it coming Kia.

Got what I paid for
By meare1 on 07/01/12 22:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Used to have a Dodge Caravan, compared to that JUNK, this Kia is MUCH better. Yes, it has had the trips to the dealer, (2) for warranty related work, but compared to the NON-warranty trips I had with the Dodge, I would NEVER buy Mopar AGAIN!! Not a bad van for the money. I bought it used with 24k and have since gone past the warranty and just bought new tires for it.

Never buy another Kia
By taxilady7 on 03/12/12 06:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This 06" kia Sedona was used with 70,000 miles. The first thing I had to replace was the sway bar and ended up getting it from a junk yard becasue the KIA parts are so very expensive. Then I replaced the brake pads and had a lot of trouble with scrapping noise! I finally replaced the rotors, did not help! I finally found out the rotors were worpped and it was causing the pads to go bad! DO NOT GET brake pads from any NAPA stores! They did not work on these Kia's. The biggest options I have had to over come is the turn signal blubs blowing, the head light blubs continually blowing. I found out what was the problem with turn signal, the socket had to be replaced.

I have 2 Kia's and LOVE them
By mom_of_two on 10/14/11 17:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We first purchased a 2006 Kia Optima LX (brand new and still own) when we had our first child. Then we purchased our 2006 Kia Sedona LX (used - 5yrs old) when we had our second child. I love both of my Kia's. Sure I have had some issues, like the Air Bag light and Check Engine light - but no car is perfect. Even if you own a BMW or MB, there are still issues! I will forever drive a KIA : )

Much better than expected.
By quinn3 on 07/15/11 11:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it used in 2007 with about 12k miles on. It has been an amazing ride. Great acceleration and braking. I can get the middle seats out easy and the rear seats fold into the floor to fit a 4' x 8 piece of wood in there. It also held it value very good. I'm looking to buy another one but don't like the 24k price tag and it's hard to find a used one with only 12k or so miles on it.

Nice Van - Highly recommend.
By linuxking on 06/26/11 07:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this 2006 in 2011 with under 40K miles on it. No problems - easy to work on. I change my own oil and just flushed the transmission fluid by myself. I was hesitant to buy with all the bad reviews - think most posters just got lemons - I had a Mercury Sable that had all the problems described in the other posts.

kia sedona
By 4gs on 06/16/11 15:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We have had a terrible experience with our Kia Sedona. It gets terrible gas mileage. We had some work that needed to be done that was covered under warranty, and they did not fix it. It is a very heavy van and does not ride very smooth. Would not recomend it to anyone.

Worst Car I've ever owned
By frommissouir2 on 05/19/11 13:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the oil changed at the dealer for the entire life of this car simply because every time it was time to change the oil something else was broken on it. The air bag light just came on this morning, and the check engine light has been lighting up regularly so BACK TO THE DEALER we go. I still plan on driving it until the wheels fall off but I will NEVER buy another KIA.

Run away as fast as you can
By 1soccermama on 01/14/11 09:00 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Worse vehicle I've evered owned. After being stranded three times and towed to the dealer who couldn't find the issue while it was under warrenty, I finally took it to a local repair shop who found the 1K plus issue that I had to pay out of pocket. Called Kia and was basically told 'oh well'. Van felt cheap and made me question it's safety on a daily basis. It was a true lemon and after spending about 3K in less than a year, I was done. Bought myself a Dodge and I'm in love!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.