Used 2006 Kia Sedona LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sedona

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

I own an 06 sedona, would love to own a 15!
By taxilady7

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My red Sedona was purchased used with 60,000 miles and is used as a taxi! My customers love riding in it. The engine is so quiet. It now has 239,000 miles and is still running great! Did not do an tune up until 225,000 miles and of course kept all the other regular maintenance up, like oil, tires, etc... This one is an EX, biggest problems I am having now is the electric doors not working and can't find anyone out side the dealership to fix them! Other small stuff is headlights blow every 3 months, even replaced one whole light, sway bar links have to be replaced every year! Parts are hard to find and if you use the after market parts they don't last! Have to go online to find good parts!

Favorite Features

Quiet engine, rides so smooth, last longer than any other van I have had, good deal for the value. Love the fold down back seats, they get moved a lot! Love the fold in side mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Lower prices for parts! Better manuals on how to fix or how to diagnose the problems with the electric sliding doors! I cannot afford the jacked up prices the dealers give you! Make the sway bars stronger and longer lasting head light blubs.

The suckish minivan
By syopot2004

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van in 2006, and after that I have brought this van to the service center for a thousand times already. Under chassis failed already, ball joint, tie rod end and so many to mention. During that time I had only 30,000 miles with the odometer. At 40,000 miles the oil seal failed (so many to mention). Now at 50,000 miles coolant leak. Keep it coming Kia.

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

Please KIA motors never sell your cars here in USA, your product is so weak. Just stay in Korea where you belong. To all the people who is planning to buy this korean made car "DO NOT BUY THIS PLEASE STAY WITH JAPANESE".

Got what I paid for
By meare1

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Used to have a Dodge Caravan, compared to that JUNK, this Kia is MUCH better. Yes, it has had the trips to the dealer, (2) for warranty related work, but compared to the NON-warranty trips I had with the Dodge, I would NEVER buy Mopar AGAIN!! Not a bad van for the money. I bought it used with 24k and have since gone past the warranty and just bought new tires for it.

Favorite Features

This van smokes!! It has power! Great for merging or embarassing people who think that since it is a mini-van it is slow... The interior is comfortable, nothing fancy but adequate and I think it looks better than every other mini-van in style. The quality is there.

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage!!

I have 2 Kia's and LOVE them
By mom_of_two

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We first purchased a 2006 Kia Optima LX (brand new and still own) when we had our first child. Then we purchased our 2006 Kia Sedona LX (used - 5yrs old) when we had our second child. I love both of my Kia's. Sure I have had some issues, like the Air Bag light and Check Engine light - but no car is perfect. Even if you own a BMW or MB, there are still issues! I will forever drive a KIA : )

Much better than expected.
By quinn3

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it used in 2007 with about 12k miles on. It has been an amazing ride. Great acceleration and braking. I can get the middle seats out easy and the rear seats fold into the floor to fit a 4' x 8 piece of wood in there. It also held it value very good. I'm looking to buy another one but don't like the 24k price tag and it's hard to find a used one with only 12k or so miles on it.

Favorite Features

I like the acceleration and the smooth ride. I also love how the rear seats fold into the floor. Being longer than most mini vans is also great. The 60k mile warranty was nice to have though I didn't have to use it much

Suggested Improvements

self closing doors as an option by itself. The radio changes channels sometimes by itself. Hybrid version