2006 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
The suckish minivan
By syopot2004 on 03/20/13 11:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van in 2006, and after that I have brought this van to the service center for a thousand times already. Under chassis failed already, ball joint, tie rod end and so many to mention. During that time I had only 30,000 miles with the odometer. At 40,000 miles the oil seal failed (so many to mention). Now at 50,000 miles coolant leak. Keep it coming Kia.

Got what I paid for
By meare1 on 07/01/12 22:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Used to have a Dodge Caravan, compared to that JUNK, this Kia is MUCH better. Yes, it has had the trips to the dealer, (2) for warranty related work, but compared to the NON-warranty trips I had with the Dodge, I would NEVER buy Mopar AGAIN!! Not a bad van for the money. I bought it used with 24k and have since gone past the warranty and just bought new tires for it.

I have 2 Kia's and LOVE them
By mom_of_two on 10/14/11 17:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We first purchased a 2006 Kia Optima LX (brand new and still own) when we had our first child. Then we purchased our 2006 Kia Sedona LX (used - 5yrs old) when we had our second child. I love both of my Kia's. Sure I have had some issues, like the Air Bag light and Check Engine light - but no car is perfect. Even if you own a BMW or MB, there are still issues! I will forever drive a KIA : )

Much better than expected.
By quinn3 on 07/15/11 11:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it used in 2007 with about 12k miles on. It has been an amazing ride. Great acceleration and braking. I can get the middle seats out easy and the rear seats fold into the floor to fit a 4' x 8 piece of wood in there. It also held it value very good. I'm looking to buy another one but don't like the 24k price tag and it's hard to find a used one with only 12k or so miles on it.

Nice Van - Highly recommend.
By linuxking on 06/26/11 07:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this 2006 in 2011 with under 40K miles on it. No problems - easy to work on. I change my own oil and just flushed the transmission fluid by myself. I was hesitant to buy with all the bad reviews - think most posters just got lemons - I had a Mercury Sable that had all the problems described in the other posts.

kia sedona
By 4gs on 06/16/11 15:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We have had a terrible experience with our Kia Sedona. It gets terrible gas mileage. We had some work that needed to be done that was covered under warranty, and they did not fix it. It is a very heavy van and does not ride very smooth. Would not recomend it to anyone.

Run away as fast as you can
By 1soccermama on 01/14/11 09:00 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Worse vehicle I've evered owned. After being stranded three times and towed to the dealer who couldn't find the issue while it was under warrenty, I finally took it to a local repair shop who found the 1K plus issue that I had to pay out of pocket. Called Kia and was basically told 'oh well'. Van felt cheap and made me question it's safety on a daily basis. It was a true lemon and after spending about 3K in less than a year, I was done. Bought myself a Dodge and I'm in love!

Worst vehicle have ever owned!
By Ryan on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned the vehicle for 5 years and have had nothing but problems for 4. Back up sensors constantly malfunctioning, tires shot after hardly any miles, doors freeze shut all winter, AC has gone out twice, bushings replaced twice, ignition issues, too many problems to list. Is in the shop at least every two months. Shop plugs it into the computer, doesn't show code and they can't replicate the problem.

Sell it Quickly
By Nathan on 09/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Horrible build quality. Just a short list of replacement items. Ecu x 2, throttle body x 3,3 fuse blocks, tpms system, wheels, rotors, brakes every 25k, door seals, had a misaligned panel that allowed water into rear of vehicle, dashboard replaced, o2 sensors x 2, sway bar, various suspension parts, 2 batteries, 17 headlights, 3 turn signal lights, 4 brake lights, 3 ac compressors. We had various misfire codes, abs system faults, steering faults-binding up steering, car sometimes would not start. Idle would vary between 600 and 1200 rpm, was told this is normal. Shifting was imprecise and started to flare. Gas mileage as low as 12 mpg then 17 mpg the next tank. Got rid of it.

Finally Got Rid of It
By No Kia No More on 09/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car for a family of 5 in July 2006 from Central Kia in Dallas, TX. Over the course of the next 4 years it spent over 90 days in the shop on 56 appointments. We had a vast assortment of issues ranging from wheel replacements to ECU replacements. In between we had both O2 sensors replaced, 3 fuse blocks, Throttle body, several power packs, W/S washer pump, radio, sway bar and several cosmetic items replaced. Unreliability is the key for this vehicle. Even when it ran it felt like it was going to die at any minute. Ate tires like no tomorrow and was in general a very poor vehicle. We took it to 3 different dealers service departments for the work. DO NOT BUY A KIA, EVER!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.