Used 2005 Kia Sedona Minivan Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Sedona Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Decent vehicle
By Melissa

2005 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

There tend to be problema with the the front breaks on this can. I have had to have them replaced many times.

large blind spots and continual engine light on
By Lora Mirick

2005 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2005 kia sedona from a private used car (not KIA) dealer. God bless that dealer! For most of the first year he had the van back and forth trying to get and keep the engine light off. Everything from power steering just letting go to exhaust o2 sensors. They had a hard time just trying to get the parts needed. Here is a list of some of the work done to the van: throttle repair, piece by piece until the whole unit was done, almost every o2 sensor on the car, power steering master cylinder let go, exhaust work, lubed manual sliding side doors multiple times still having problems, starter died, drivers power window motor stopped working, valve cover gasket leaked oil into spark plug well. And in my opinion one of the worse problems with the van are the blind spots! Something you can't change or repair. I have noticed a large blind spot on the right front view. Where the rear view mirror is and the roof support are mounted. The two put together make a large area where you can't see anything coming. I almost had multiple accidents because of this. Give me my old Dodge grand caravan any day!

Traded Lemon Y2000 Grand Caravan for 0meter Sedona
By WIKI

2005 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought Y-2000 grand caravan having less than 50,000 miles for $7500, it was a lemon, its AC didn't get fixed even by Chrysler dealer, lots of problems, i wanted to trade it in to buy Honda Odyssey, but they were expensive $18000 for used van under 60000 miles and they put Grand Caravan value under $2000, I visited KIA dealer, they trade in my Van for $6500 for brand new o meter 2005 KIA Sedona, I bought it in MARCH 2005 and to this day, it is amazing, i blindly trusted the foreign brand but it proved to have reliability, now i have 156,000 plus miles on it and no sign of any engine or transmission problems. Its shocks are still behaving like a new Van, i will say it is over design, bad in mileage but gives you 300 miles in a 16-17 gallon tank, this is the only bad side but overall it paid off my buy.

She's My Work Horse
By yankeegirl89

2005 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This Van Currently has 123,000+ miles on it and counting, we've used it to haul all my kids to their games and meets, move their stuff to their college dorms and apartments. We have moved furniture, appliances, taken trips, been all over in it, she's been old reliable. Haven't had any problems with this van, I would buy another one were it not for the fact that in another year I wont need to be moving anymore kids and I can downsize again finally.

Never again
By kitcar04

2005 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought brand new didn't matter the problems began at the very start with brake problems and went on from there...Problems made worst by the worst customer service I've ever experienced.
With thousands of dollars spent and car still stalling we were done.
You want a reliable car get a Honda. That's what we drive.
Excellent customer service every time.