2005 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
She's My Work Horse
By yankeegirl89 on 08/13/13 11:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This Van Currently has 123,000+ miles on it and counting, we've used it to haul all my kids to their games and meets, move their stuff to their college dorms and apartments. We have moved furniture, appliances, taken trips, been all over in it, she's been old reliable. Haven't had any problems with this van, I would buy another one were it not for the fact that in another year I wont need to be moving anymore kids and I can downsize again finally.

Never again
By kitcar04 on 07/25/13 05:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought brand new didn't matter the problems began at the very start with brake problems and went on from there...Problems made worst by the worst customer service I've ever experienced. With thousands of dollars spent and car still stalling we were done. You want a reliable car get a Honda. That's what we drive. Excellent customer service every time.

Good van
By busmunoz on 04/25/13 19:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the van used in 2009, and other than the required maintenance I never had to fix a thing. I love this van. I put about 75,000 miles on it and it is more reliable than any new car I ever bought.

Love this van!!
By josephina1000 on 01/31/11 14:29 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van brand new back in January 2005. We had it for 6 whole years now. Never had 1 problems w/ it. We drove it all the way from Calif to Florida and back. Dragged a tent trailer and regular trailer w/ it quite often. It has totally held up really well. We maintained it and took care of it. It was the best van we ever had. We are now looking into trading it in for a newer model. We highly recommend this mini van.

Pretty good mini van
By durangomom on 08/19/10 07:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van used with 12,000 miles on it, it has been a good car for us, I was very hard on the rotors, and the brakes, we had to travel down a step hill often, so the rotors wore out pretty fast, that was about 2 years, after we bought it, also around the same time, the adjusting part of the p seat went out, and we had it replaced, its a good a car, and it can take hit in the back, it was in a pretty hard finder binder, and hardly crunched up at all. I do recommend this car, for the price it's perfect, and I think it is pretty fast, i don't know what some of the poster are talking about, mini vans are meant for large families, they shouldn't be like sports cars, they should be safe for kids.

Worst car I've ever owned
By have to say on 04/20/10 11:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm glad Kia offers a 60 thousand mile warranty, because I had to have this lemon in 8 times for warranty work. Many times the work was for the same problem over and over (cheap seat covers that tore, gear shift that locked up, locks that locked the car on it’s own, mechanical issues of all kinds). I’m over 60 thousand miles now, and the car is just slowly crumbling. There’s no way I’m ever buying a Kia again after this.

Never Again
By eyeluvart on 03/22/10 02:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The transmission blew, the air conditioning went, the 3 catalytic converters went, the seat broke twice, brakes and rotors. 10,000 later in repairs, needless to say, I won't make the same mistake twice

Great little van
By INDIOSDAD on 03/18/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got the van to transport our greyhound dogs. We have 4 of them and have found with the center row of seats out we have ample room for all the dogs. This van has been very reliable and we have had no issues with it. Have only had to perform normal maintenance on it. The ride is good, the interior design is just right, over all we find this a good vehicle that suits our needs. We only wish it got better mpg, however it does get better mpg then my wife's pt cruiser. Will buy Kia again when we need a new van.

60,000(miles), The Magic Number
By Rob on 02/22/10 11:37 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had this LX since 6/2004(15k)& only one mechanical problem before hitting 60k miles. The starter went bad and was replaced under the warranty. At 60,000 miles, however the check engine light came on and the van started driving really rough. 14 diagnostic codes fired,the crank shaft sensor went bad, causing the van to downshift while driving($550). The power steering "pump" went bad, making the van impossible to steer($800). And the mechanic says that all of the belts are on their last leg. Reading about future value of Sedona's, your best bet is to sell before 60k and run into the ground past 75k. These vans I'm sure have improved quality, however this van has not held its value at all.

Piece of Garbage
By Jonathan N on 01/19/10 13:50 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Sedona used two years ago and have had nothing but problems. After three months the check engine light came on and when I took it to the shop, the mechanic said the hose used to transfer the anti-freeze to the radiator was missing. He installed the hose but apparantly didn't check the rest of the van. Less than two years later my engine blew and its not covered. The warranty and the KIA name are a joke. I take excellent care of all of my vehicles and this one is plain old Korean garbage. I will never buy a KIA again.